Sign in to follow this  
Northern Oak

FYI : Electrocompaniet EMC 24/96 CDP

Guest Ruach

Me saving up for a Electrocompaniet EMC1-UP lah. I have heard Mackie's EMC1 and it sounds heavenly

Take note of the acrylic panel. For my unit the navigation button got stuck twice while depressing it. Luckily mine was a new set from HER, so can get repair for free. Learn from HER that this is an inherent problem of EMC1-UP.

Anyone got the spider-clamp for EMC1? Have order one for ages but no news.

Mackie can get the second one and sell his MF-A3CD hehehe. laugh.gif

Barraudio, believe it or not, I prefer the sound of A3CD over EMC1 when partnered with RKV. However, EMC1 is absolutely stunning with my speaker rig.

Anyone got the spider-clamp for EMC1? Have order one for ages but no news.

Yeah, looking for one too. I gotta give Changye (HK agent) a call to check if it's available there.

Mackie, let me know if you can get it. Itching for ages to upgrade the clamp. Tempting to find out how the the player can be improved further than current performance. Was quoted by HER to be around $300 to $400 but black available only.

I wonder if anyone has successfully injected EMC1 into their headphone setup.

From what I know, mackie uses it in his speaker setup and so (presumably) is reccaflame - from his siggy.

Is it hard or?

Did not try from EMC1 directly into the headamp but from int. amp tape out b4. However, the headamp then does not do justice to the source so cannot really comment.

Hi guys, though I am not a moderator, but just to remind you all of the classified's rule :

for FYI ads:

1. Please limit dicussions on FYI ads (referred from other forums or public classifieds) to details of the product.

2. Keep it BRIEF.

3. If you'd like in-depth discussion/opinions on the product posted, or comparisons with similar products, please do post it in the main forum.

Hence I've started a thread on the main forum about EMC-1,UP version and what's not. Let's discuss there so as to keep this FYI ad clean ok wink.gif

ps I am also guilty of violating the rule sleep.gif