Sign in to follow this  
augustineRS

Philips 890

I'm thinking of getting a circum aural cans for TV/DVD/anything that won't wake the whole family and lady up.

Was considering 890

1.Relatively Cheap

2.Circum aural/open

3.I don't find it heavy for a full sized cans(is it?)

Looking at cans round this price

I'm not really particular bout the sound for this use, as I'm going to directly hook it to the TV 3.5mm jack.

Any other recommendation?

They'll work fine. Unless you listen at extremely loud volumes or your surroundings are noisy, you shouldn't need closed cans.

If u can afford a bit more get the Philips HP-910 - they are a lot better IMO. I had both and prefered the 910 for almost all types of music (BTW they use the same transducers).

Regarding the 910, heard things abt the headband is fragile and break easily.

Maybe i look around more sites/forums.

But, Rameish, is the 890 worth its value?I mean if according to the price guide,if i can still get it at that price at Raffles Home audio.

Woo ... 890 worth it because of the stand ( i think so )

Actually that's one of my consideration too...regarding the stand happy.gif

laugh.gifhappy.gif hehee i would want the stand too... but it seem to be a good cans too !

laugh.gif

If you're in the same room as your family / spouse then closed might be a better bet as it's not just the sound leaking out but the sound coming in that will interfere with what you're listening to.

Having said that, the Philips HP890 is VERY good value for money.

It is mainly for middle of the night usage.so leaking out is all right. yes.gif

my 'spouse' is not always ard, just on weekends wink.gif , when the matches are on the cable dry.gif

guess i'll go for the 890.Now is to find where the hell is Raffles Audio House since it selling for $70.

Thanks guys! headphone.gif

Edited by augustineRS

well i want one too .... but bo money ... saving up at the moment !!! sad sad no.gifno.gif

got my pair. very pleased. I like the unburnt-in state. I recall the bass becoming a lil looser and the highs getting a lil rolled-off when properly burnt in. any tricks to keep it sounding like this? blush.gif

buuut..for $70, this is just UNBEATABLE by anything on the market right now bang-for-buck-wise. UNBEATABLE. kicking.gif