Sign in to follow this  
tropicalrips

Fav OP-Amp

which is your fav op-amp  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i think we can do without the opa2132 as it sounds almost identical to the 2134 smile.gif

anyone tried the MAX family op-amps before?

My understanding of a buffer is that it is something that can store a bit of a signal and then release it at a slightly later time. Like a buffer on your CD-R drive!

Yup, that is also called buffer.

The buffer here refers to an opamp used as a voltage follower. What goes into the input comes out the same. Since the amplifying opamp does not have enough current to drive special headphones (assuming), normally a voltage follower (buffer) is required.

Well I just chose the 8610 because it is whats in my Arcam CD player! wink.gif The only others I have heard are the JRC something, LM358 and an OPA 2132. But none were in the same peice of equipment so...

Why more people chosen AD8620 more than 8610? AD8610 is supposely more superior...  blink.gif

They're the same... One's a dual opamp unit, the other is a single opamp.

OPA 2132 is considered to be in the same family as the OPA 2134.

AD825 & AD826 share the same relationship as with the AD8610/ 8620.

Same goes for LM 6171/ 6172.

Edited by Firefox

Although 2 single opamps should outperform one dual of the same family - should because I'm not sure you can hear it (termal crosstalk is elimilated).

Although 2 single opamps should outperform one dual of the same family - should because I'm not sure you can hear it  (termal crosstalk is elimilated).

Dual opamps are better channel-matched though. =)

Just a matter of luck & circuit design as to what results you get.

Edited by Firefox