Sign in to follow this  
headphonecrazy

FedEx just delivered my XP-7

I almost fainted after plugging in the source but wah-lah no sound at all. Check all connections and change the op-amps, still no sound. ohmy.gif

Finally changed the batteries and yes music in my ears. It was a pair of new old stock 9V batteries that was causing the problem.

Tested it with the Sennheiser HD580, AKG 340, Beyer DT880, Sony CD3000 and the ATH-L3000, the only description is WOW.

BTW this is with the AD8610 op-amps, I've yet to try the AD825s n AD797s, all batteries operated with my Sony D330 pcdp as source.

Interested in some pics?

Shucks! You beat me to an XP-7!

Once you have it burned in compare it with your other amps.

All Emmeline amps are shipped pre-burned.

As this is my only recent purchase of a SS + portable amp, I'll have to say that it is absolutely fantastic with my ATs. If comnpared to my latest Cyber 30, the 30 presented a much wider and 3D soundstage, but the XP-7 is very close with a much tighter bass control.

biggrin.gif

Hey HC,

did you get the optional PSU?

Lookin good man - you've got so many new toys your home must be a virtual playground.

The XP-7, from what i read, is pretty well known in head-fi as an amp that has a design that is super silent with solid construction. Quite a few people have nentioned that the noise floor on the amp is really un-noticeable. I can only drool at a masterpiece such as that. The serial number is a very very nice touch. A very nice addition to your stable HPC!

Hey HC,

did you get the optional PSU?

Lookin good man - you've got so many new toys your home must be a virtual playground.

I did not buy the PSU. This unit is meant to be portable and in the bag.

BTW it is about the same size as the RA-1.

Congratulations! The XP-7 is a great amp! laugh.gif