Sign in to follow this  
tropicalrips

Project NACA

i think about the price of 3 cmoy smile.gif

i didn't build it with exotic parts so the cost is lower

going to be tested by someone with a Grado

Edited by tropicalrips

That looks quite nice actually, simple yet effective. So far I like the look of this amp the best next to the previous black one. Nice touch heat shrinking the wire on the power switch, why not go all the way with the rest where possible? What volume pot did you use this time?

You know what would be a great idea considering you have so much space in that enclosure? Recharegeable batteries inside the case, socket outside for hooking up for charging only & Hard wiring the circuit like Firefox.

Very nice, with all that extra space for you can eventually put in nicer stuff like the neutriks locking 1/4 " headphone jack, alps blue etc etc. wink.gif Out of curiosity, what opamp are you using in this amp?

Edited by av98m

NJM4556 smile.gif op-amp

i left out the exotic parts like neutriks 1/4 jacks due to cost, there's no single piece of component in the amp thats more then $20

all the expose contacts had been heat-shrink except the power jack cause its kind of an odd shape

the volume pot has "made in UK" print on it, not sure what make is it. its a 100k log pot @ $15 each. thought of using blue Alps but use this instead to keep cost down happy.gif

i hav also thought of having the batts in the case, it should be able to fit 8 AA batts smile.gif even 16 AA cause my board is raised from the floor of the case, so its actually only taking up the space of 2 screws on the case.

if i hav batt inside the amp, that makes it portable rite wink.gif i wanted a desktop amp to play with at home , also the case has 8 screws, no fun removing the cover to change batt lol.gif

i chose this case because i like the "low profile" look

this is still a "test amp" phase, i'll put in more refinement into its next phase, like batt charging , 1/4 inch jacks , maybe an extra jack for driving 2 headphones

Hmm..now you have the same opamp and the big solen caps used in the ra1. It'll be interesting to hear how it sounds.

Rameish, the pot is bought from Burlington Square, the shop selling all the tube amp diy kits. It would be nice if you knew what it is. Cheers

i hav also thought of having the batts in the case, it should be able to fit 8 AA batts smile.gif even 16 AA cause my board is raised from the floor of the case, so its actually only taking up the space of 2 screws on the case.

if i hav batt inside the amp, that makes it portable rite wink.gif i wanted a desktop amp to play with at home , also the case has 8 screws, no fun removing the cover to change batt lol.gif

I meant, if possible design it in such a way you can leave the batteries semi-permanently in the case & it can recharged just by plugging in a wall wart without removing them. You could still use the external power source when not required for portable use without overcharging the internal batteries. Just a thought.