Sign in to follow this  
ddriveman

Where to buy HD650 in S'pore

Hi,

I am looking to buy HD650 to add to my HD600 and K1000. Where can I get tghem in S'pore and how much.

Also, can the HD600 Cardas and Stefan AudioArt Equinox cables fit the HD650 also ?

Regards

Based on the discussions made here recently the cables should be interchangeable.

I am now using the Clou Red for my HD600 on my HD650. Rest assured the connections of HD600 and HD650 are actually identical, although the stock cable is thicker for the HD650 probably because of them using 1/4in jack as standard as compared to previously a mini jack.

The price has been mention before in this forum, I bought for $550 from Hungs brother. Price may vary depending on the quantity Hungs Brother orders and the Euro currency.

Hi Fuwen,

I'm interested in the HD650 also. Have u tried using the HD650 stock cable on HD600? And how is it?

I would like to hear u impression on this combo if u have tried it before.

Thanks. rolleyes.gif

Hi Charismatic,

If u have read my posting before u will know that I am a person very lazy on A/B equipment. I have not tried HD650 stock cable on HD600 before, but do find the HD650 with its stock cable the highs are too smooth to my liking but luckily when I change to Clou red I get what I like and the headphone seems to open up.

The HD600 is in my office now with the HD600 stock cable and I will try to test the HD600 with the HD650 stock cable sometime this week.

Regards smile.gif

Hi Charismatic,

If u have read my posting before u will know that I am a person very lazy on A/B equipment. I have not tried HD650 stock cable on HD600 before, but do find the HD650 with its stock cable the highs are too smooth to my liking but luckily when I change to Clou red I get what I like and the headphone seems to open up.

The HD600 is in my office now with the HD600 stock cable and I will try to test the HD600 with the HD650 stock cable sometime this week.

Regards smile.gif

Kang Sa Ha Mi Da! (Thank You in Korean) laugh.gif

I have tried replacing the HD600 with the HD650 and there doesn't seems to have much improvement at all. It seems like the HD650 stock is more beefy and that's about it.

Agree the HD-650 stock cable seems to have a thicker outer sheath and that's about it. No need to change the HD-600 stock to the HD-650 stock.

I tried to compare the HD600 and HD650 cable.

system: Philips PCDP - Corda HA-1(0 ohm output) - Sennheiser HD600

music: DECCA XRCD2 Rossini String Sonata No.1 ist movement

I leave the volumn setting on the HA-1 unchange. For the string sonata I mainly look for differences in in the violins, cellos and the double bass.

I would say there isn't a big difference between the 2 stock cable. The difference is quite obvious when I change the HD650 stock cable to Clou Red on my HD650 back home. For this 2 stock cables I have to spend quite a lot of effort to try to tell the difference.

However, the music seems louder when using the HD650 stock cable. The highs are smoother and the whole presentation seems to be more airy and bigger with the HD650 stock cable, maybe because of the slightly higher loudness. (I keep the volumn the same for both the cables).

Maybe will try some vocal tomorrow.

Cheers!

Edited by fuwen

OK. Manage to get a CD with vocal in the office. It is Puccini O mio babbina caro with Renee Fleming as the soprano.

Same findings as above. I try to increase the volumn for the HD600 stock cable but my conclusion is the same. Somehow I felt that the HD650 stock cable is 'smoother', hope I used the right word.

Thanks fuwen, it's a piece of valuable information.

As a regular hd600 user myself, i do feel that the can sounds little bit "backward" and usually i need to increase the volume to make it sound more "forward".

i would interpret u test result as the stock hd650 cable has a more "forward" nature as compare with the stock hd600 cable. That's what i think and is highly personal, YMMV. laugh.gif