fishball79

Headphone Stand

Hey guys,

My grados are always being pushed off my tiny study desk and an idea hit upon me.

I need a Headphone stand.

user posted image

The Stax one is rather pretty but its not for me grados and I'd want a design i can get a local carpenter to fabricate for me cheaply. Can you guys gimme some ideas and requirements for such a stand? Of course i'm biased towards one that suites grado headphones.

So far here are the requirements i can think of

Not be knocked over easily

Able to hold a pair of headphones without headphones falling off stand if knocked

Must be cool looking!

Facilities to keep wires tidily

Small Footprint

Easy to construct (Carpenters charge more by the hour than material)

Did i mention must be cool looking?

(Optional) Hold a PCDP and portable amp?

OK Philips SB890 owners can stop grinning cos i know you cans already have stands... *jealous*

Although this is a stand for me, im sure the ideas contributed will result in something that everyone might want. The SGHeadphones Stand! smile.gif

I saw something cool in the Spore IKEA catalogue the headphones were hung on the wall using large hooks. Been trying to look for something like them... still looking.

I have 3 glass head of difference colour, it not a good idea for in my own opinion.

Sorry chick wrong button.

If the headphone put on the glass head the pads will compress it no good that one of the reason and the other it might loosen the headphone band tension. huh.gif

Hi ablaze, all the glass head are almost the same size. They come in women and men shape and difference colours. If there is a small size type I will buy them hahaha... lol.gif

The glasshead idea isn't attractive to me... it'd make a good candy holder cum headphone stand tho hehehe

I have thought of just getting a large hook and tape it to the side of the table... it'll be my last resort tho...