yoshiki

recommend me an earphone

if the cm5 is out of your budget then the e888 is no question about it. e888 cost something like US$20 more then cm5 (according to Audiocubes)

then so would the e888. add that to the fac that it's near-to-impossible to find here nowadays, and you have yourself one hell of a combo.

btw after skimming through the thread - i dont believe you stated your budget anywhere. nor your music tastes. nor your equipment.

i hear heavy metal music. budget would be below $80. bluetin.com is selling the e888 at $66.. but i am looking at other options too..

if the cm5 is out of your budget then the e888 is no question about it. e888 cost something like US$20 more then cm5 (according to Audiocubes)

ops.. i didnt know.. anywhere i can view more info of cm5 and where to purchase it?

Alternatively if you know someone who can get it for you from Changi Airport Duty Free. The E888s are still available there last time I looked. wink.gif I don't remember the price but it's within your budget I think.

if you want the cord to be long then i dont think you will want the cm5 as they are sp with a extension... any you tried Temadigital.net ??? they have a number of products that may intrest you (not audiophile, but also not crap)

if the cm5 is out of your budget then the e888 is no question about it.  e888 cost something like US$20 more then cm5 (according to Audiocubes)

ops.. i didnt know.. anywhere i can view more info of cm5 and where to purchase it?

best denki and hung brothers.

hp-md33 is a 4-pole product for their auvi range (md-dr7,ds8,dr80,ds70 etc. etc...) and therefore not intended for ue except for the auvi products.

the md33 comes with a 1m extension cable that will convert 4-pole to 3-pole. so it can be used on non-auvi equipment. i'm using the md33 with a iriver ihp-100.

in that case i will not know... nice to find out. when using a 3pole -> 4 pole adapter the sound volume was lowered by quite a bit... so dont know if you will face any probs. you might as well get a pair of second hand er6 imo

the short cable that comes with auvi equipment (e.g. dr7 md recorder) is meant for use in a car tape deck adapter and it will lower the volume considerably. however, the extension cable that comes with the md33 does not lower the volume. so there is difference between the 2 adapter cables.

if you are looking for transparent and not so bassy sound, er6 is a good choice. however, the build quality leaves much to be desired. one side of my er6 went dead after less than 2 years of use. the wire inside the rubber cord broke. and not to mention the need to change the filters frequently, which is not cheap.

if the cm5 is out of your budget then the e888 is no question about it.  e888 cost something like US$20 more then cm5 (according to Audiocubes)

best denki and hung brothers.

hm.. ok.. go and check it out soon..

seiko_citizen. yup. that is what i gathered from a minidisc forum. the short cable adapter that comes with auvi units are meant for car cassette adapter use. however, the 1m extension that comes with the md33 is a 4-3 pole adapter cable that does not decrease the volume and has no discernable sound quality difference.