Guest antitrust

long wires?

Guest antitrust

hmm, i see that there are quite alot of headphone wires out there that are around 1m long. how do you manage them? as in when you're using it for a pcdp or your md? is there anyway to "shorten" them?

actually most of the "audiophile" headphones are about 3m in length!

have you tried just bundling up the wire nearest to the cdp and tieing it up with zip-ties or stiff wire or somethin..

Yup, sames goes to my HD600.. no.gif Including my fiirst headphone (SONY) and the 10 meter Panasonic.

Problem for me bringing out... mad.gif

That is why other models are shorter so that you buy another version... Good marketing!!! biggrin.gif

Guest antitrust

ouch but i still have a remote control. darn. i'd try bundling up teh wire. thanks ablaze smile.gif

Actually i was thinking of how to replace the stock wire with a customised cable of say 0.5m with desired materials such as mutistrands of pure silver or copper with fine silver coating. The idea is similar to interconnect, to fine tune the tonal quality of the cans. Has anyone tried this DIY scheme of thing before ? Am very eager to do it, but don't want to take too much on my new $800 baby w/o some guidance. wink.gif

the problem is most headphones don't have detach-able cords. 'cept maybe a few like the Senn HD600s to name one. what're you planning to mod?

tee if you're refering to your Grado RS-2, I suggest you refrain from doing so. The only way to get to the wires. Is to remove the glug that holds the transducers then pry out the trasducer casing from it's wooden enclosure (probably doing some cosmetic damage it in the process). Anyway this headphone comes with the better grado cable already.

Diy cable, yeah!!

Haha... Have a diy'ed 3.5mm to 2.5mm stereo cable & a 6.3mm to 2.5mm stereo cable made specially for my HD570's headphones. They also fit the Philips HP890 & Senn HD590 headphones. A solid upgrade over the stock cables... Hehe...

Hey Rameish! The Starquad is definitely much better than the GY107 for the headphones. At least in terms of accuracy & tightness of the bass. smile.gif But it's also a slight bit brighter.

Also bought myself 2 pairs of the WBT clone RCA plugs. I think their copper base judging from the weight.

Edited by Firefox

Rameish,

Thanks for your message which comes in just timely, otherwise my schematic is already rolling out....... rolleyes.gif Will not do any cosmetic change on RS-2 but will try something less risky on.....hum..got it....the HD-200. ablaze, could you kindly advise where i can get the good cables ? wink.gif

Rameish,

Thanks for your message which comes in just timely, otherwise my schematic is already rolling out....... rolleyes.gif Will not do any cosmetic change on RS-2 but will try something less risky on.....hum..got it....the HD-200. ablaze, could you kindly advise where i can get the good cables ? wink.gif

You got the HD200? I believe it uses the same cord as my HD270 (or EH2270) & HD570 headphones. Also the same as that for the HD590 & Philips HP890 headphones.

yes, the cord to HD200 is detachable, but i am not sure if it's the same as HD270 / 570 / 590 and HP 890. I was actually hoping to upgrade it with other brands like Grado and AudioQuest (if available ?) to test their tonal characteristics. Firefox, do you help fellow Cans-men to search for their cable dreams ?? wink.gif

Yup, the cable is the same as with the 270/570/590 line.

Yes, I do... Granted I have the time for it! Haha.... Rameish's first HP890 upgrade cable was partly done by me. Heh.... Now, I only have just about enough time to solder 1 or 2 components on my as yet unfinished META42 amp each book-out. Left with drilling and cutting of the enclosure now. Which I need 2 days book-out and I can't get that! Stupid company timetable... Burning away all our weekends with Range, Live grenade throwing, Field camps, Sit. tests etc... Grrrh......

I do have enough materials to make a 2m cable for your headphones but it'd only terminate in a ¼" Neutrik jack though. Not a 3.5mm stereo jack; ie. You can't use it with computers or PCDP's without an adaptor.

Wow...you are fantastic.....with the skills.

Let me check and source for the cables that i would like to use....Audioquest or Kimber....and i will try to get the 3.5mm jack as well......you will be well rewarded....stay tuned. wink.gif

LoL... You don't have to get the 3.5mm jack, it's just that I've not got any around the house.... I just need to make a trip down to SLT to get one if need be. Or trouble my friend who does studio & hall audio to get some samples.... hehehe..

great!...now i am thinking which type of cable is more suitable......the interconnect category or the speakercable range ? would this be dependent on the resistance and current ouput from headamp to the impedance of the headphones ? please advise Firefox before i proceed to buy them tmr. Thanks. wink.gif