Sign in to follow this  
nakedtoes

Grado SR60 vs SR80

Hm....the pad itself has a nice circular shape at the back for fitting into the headphones, so the hole can be used as a guide. A simple pen-knife will do nicely.....( ALthough the edges might be a little rough ) but all in all, a nice cut ( YMMV ) sleep.gif

I have absolutely no idea why no one recommended you this brilliant REVIEW written by Rameish. Covers multiple aspects of comparison for the SR60 and SR80 as well as for other grados, and sums everything up very well. Definitely worth a read for those intending to get grados.

Actually, I find Hung's prices very elastic and inconsistent. But then again, it's another thread for another time. It's sponge based right? How about heated element? Just a thought. smile.gif

Hmm the holes seems kinda big...a 20 cents coin size will expend to the size of a 50 cents coin when its fittted onto the headphone. I find that just nice, but YMMV. Anyway using those hobby craft knife will do just fine. The trick here is not to expect a smooth cut at 1 go. Instead make small cuts along the edge of watever you're using as a guide, and the resulting hole will be a very smooth one.

I just finished updating the FAQ. See this link for a simple way to carry out the Senn HD414 earpad mod.

Good one Naz. Personally, I prefer to install the pads with pre-cut hole on driver for a less aggressive sound than the other way round. Personal choice and system's sound apply of course.