Sign in to follow this  
jasonhanjk

How to create a professional PCB from home

Thanks Jason.. I may be tempted to try this myself. Some questions, how strong is the smell from the chemicals? I understand we're not allowed to dispose the chemicals down the kitchen sink or toilet, so how?

Well done Jason. I think this might be worthy as a sticky thread.

hey jason han, WELLL DONE!! love it!! thanks for ur effort putting it up..

some qns though:

so i dun really understand,

1. what u mean by when u stack up the transparencies then it will from upside down it will be rightside up?

2. regarding my understanding of the PCB chemistry, is there already copper on the PCB, and then the etching removes all the copper u dun want, leaving only the pattern?

thanks!

yes yes.gif

this will make a good sticky thread

Thanks Jason.. I may be tempted to try this myself. Some questions, how strong is the smell from the chemicals? I understand we're not allowed to dispose the chemicals down the kitchen sink or toilet, so how?

Slight ammonia smell. Gives out during the etching chemical reaction.

So far I had not been caught by the environment authority. Here are some ideas to safely dispose to city drain:

When the chemicals are not etching well after long usage, you can add clorox to neutralise it become salt. Then wash it down the drain. A small bar of soap will also do.

Ya. Thanks.

Some minor details will be update to complete before the end of this week.

hey jason han, WELLL DONE!! love it!! thanks for ur effort putting it up..

some qns though:

so i dun really understand,

1. what u mean by when u stack up the transparencies then it will from upside down it will be rightside up?

2. regarding my understanding of the PCB chemistry, is there already copper on the PCB, and then the etching removes all the copper u dun want, leaving only the pattern?

thanks!

Thanks for pointing it out. May need to re-phrase again.

1. The printed side of the art work must be touching the PCB during exposing to ultra violet. This is to ensure better art work being transfer. When you start wiring the PCB in the computer, the component is on top of the PCB but the wiring is beneath it. So when printing on trans the drawing must be upside down.

If you have your name on the trans, it will be printed upside down too. Not to worry as when you stack the trans onto the PCB (ensure the printed side is touching the PCB), your name will be in correct order again.

2. The whole board will have a layer of copper. Just on top of that layer will have another layer of photo sensitive mask, this mask will protect the copper being etch away. After the artwork being transfer onto the PCB and a portion photo resist being washed away. The unwanted copper will be exposed to be etch away.

Ferric Chloride is still available for sale and not banned? I thougt they disppeared from the stores years ago....

Regards

CK

Thanks again Jason..

I've just began playing around with the Eagle software. I notice that the drill holes of the resistors is a little too big, causing very little copper left on the pins hole. Any solution to reduce the drill holes of those resistors and small caps? I'm thinking of just use a ink marker to cover up the holes. Quite siong, as there are many holes to cover.

You can use polygon function. First draw a rectangular around the intended copper pad.

Rename the polygon same as the signal name that is join to the copper pad.

Click ratsnest and walaa.

post-12-1085477752.jpg

PCB drill from Kaichin. It must be able to use on 1mm drill bit.

Cost $29.80.

I always try to go Kaichin everytime I go SLT. The reason of course is not due to electronic.

bio her daughter har?