Sign in to follow this  
tropicalrips

Cmoy/A47 pocket amp

my latest pocket amp commisioned a fellow member smile.gif

nothing radical here, just a basic Cmoy smile.gif

user posted image

this board has the option of upgrading to an A47, with the extra IC holder built-in, all the circuit is also there, all thats needed is another op-amp and it becomes an A47

user posted image

layout is basic, with all the refinements of my previous amps, OPA2132PA op-amp, mini Alps 10k pot , plastic Hammond case , 4 X 330uF power caps , 0.68uF signal coupling caps & a TLE2426 rail-spliter.

user posted image

mini on/off switch & power jack for running the amp from an external power supply.

the amp drives my SR80 surprisingly well even as a Cmoy configuration w00t.gif may not need it as an A47 after all tongue.gif

Woooooo very,very nice!!! (psss....when can i get mine? lolol w00t.gif )

How does it sound with external power? Any hum?

How does it sound with external power? Any hum?

non that i can hear...

i think the rail-spliter & 4 power caps helps to reduce noise from the AC wall adaptor

my previous "skeleton amp" with power supply hum problem comes from a ground problem and the input signal caps being way too big...30uF Alcaps...they pick up noise from everywhere & everything, once i place the amp in a metal case the humming goes away sleep.gif

a fellow member ask me for the schematic on the A47, i will post both the Cmoy & A47 here for all to see happy.gif

Cmoy pocket amp

user posted image

Apheared's A47 or buffered Cmoy amp

user posted image

Edited by tropicalrips

hmmm rips where did you learn how to construct an amp like this?

from Jason wink.gif

u should see the thread for the first cmoy i built "question regarding Cmoy amp" over 200 post w00t.gif

heh yeah i saw that thread already, but i couldnt understand a single part lol rolleyes.gif you guys have have some sort of engineering background right?

If I remember correctly, tropical is not from engineering. It is really impressive to see someone not from engineering to build Cmoy, remind you he don't just build 2 or 3 unit... tongue.gif

laugh.gif i hav some electrical/comms & IT background but not in electronics

i did sent a few op-amps to IC haven when building my amps tongue.gif