Sign in to follow this  
decibel

Need headphones recommendation for my ipod

Oh yes, it does come with different sized ear buds for you to customise fit, to a certain extent. But the big one too big for me. The medium on a little on the small side, so tugging on the cord a little will cause it to go out of place. sheesh...and I have to keep putting it back in, distracting, to say the least.

Ok, I just bought a pair of PX200 from Hung Bros 20 mins ago. laugh.gif I think the sound is fine, and for portability, it's probably one of the more decent ones you can get now. I tried the Beyer DT231 alongside. I liked the sound from the DT231 much better over the senn PX200. Sound is in another league of refinement. I was tempted to go for the DT231 but heck, I went there with the intent of getting something portable which I wouldn't mind wearing around so I just stuck to my initial decision of getting the PX200. Surely will fit into my briefcase or cabin luggauge bag better without worrying about spoiling them. And my mp3 player will drive them without me having to lug a headamp on my travels.

Edited by peekarwe

I saw from review, KOSS the PLUG sounds very good for the price. I saw it at Hung Brothers (SLS #3).

hi bpribadi, how much do they cost? I was at hung, couldn't see anything that caught my eye for portability other than the px100/200.

if you want minimal microphonics effect you could go for the ety er-4p, but then that would be out of your price reach.

etys 4 series are probably the most microphonic of all the in-ear and canal phones out there. including sony ex70, e888, senn 500 and shure e3.

i really like the koss 35 which Blues let me try the other time.

if you want minimal microphonics effect you could go for the ety er-4p, but then that would be out of your price reach.

etys 4 series are probably the most microphonic of all the in-ear and canal phones out there. including sony ex70, e888, senn 500 and shure e3.

i really like the koss 35 which Blues let me try the other time.

The etys are now much less microphonic with the braided cord, and coupled with the shirt clip, microphonics shouldn't be too much of a concern for use during commuting, unless you are intending to jog with it. happy.gif

If I remember correctly, the KOSS PLUG was SGD 38.-

Edited by bpribadi

Hmmm, $38 is a good price to pay for them. Is it the stick into the earcanal type? I want to get a decent pair of earphones for travelling use. EX71 sound would do for me, but I really hate the stick into the ear type.

Koss PLUG is in-ear-canal earphones

Hi Ken, thanks for the info. I think now stuck with just the senn mx4/500. Probably go down and listen. Anyway, anyone can compare mx with the px soundwise? I personally find the px200's sound a bit muffled.

Play around with the placement of the drivers. How long have you burned in the headphones? 100hrs should be a adequete amount of time. Personally I find that the PX100/PX200 are very dependant on placement of the drivers. You can try placing the headphones lower and nearer towards the back of your head, relative to normal placement. IMHO the PX200 is a pretty good pair of cans. YMMV.

oh yes, I agree that they are pretty cool phones, else I wouldn't have bought them. smile.gif There was an immediate choice of the DT231 and PX200, I choose the PX200 for portability. The DT231s were more musical. PX200 are easily to drive, works well with my MUVO2 so no complaims. I haven't quite burned in the PX200 yet. Not much time. Probably in the region of 20 hours thereabouts lar.

Placement, yep, I have heard that one before. But can I ask you, if you place it correctly/incorrectly, does it affect the bass, midrange or treble? I just have a problem with the boomy bass and flat midrange. Otherwise, I think it's good cans for good money.

you need to continue to burn in. Reach about 100hrs before you play around with the placement and make a decision. I had the PX100 once, which I believe are like the PX200, and is quite darn muddy until they are fully burned in.

Ok, that's great to hear! Muddy till fully burned in. That's exactly what I need to know. Thanks dude! I guess I am just too impatient for this burning in game. laugh.gif