Sign in to follow this  
jasonhanjk

Which Musical Fidelity CDP is better?

A3.2 CD player

user posted image

or

X-Ray CD Player

user posted image

In term of sound quality, can anyone who have these players gives some feedback?

Thanks.

MF A3.2CD is similar to A3CD but yet different in certain areas. The newer 3.2 is slightly more refined, open sounding but lacks dynamics to that of A3CD. Personal preference applies.

I've no experience with X-ray but in the days of X-ray vs A3CD, the latter is one up in terms of sound quality according to public reviews. Looks like U have to audition the 2 cdps to discover the truth.

Edited by Mackie

Ok, Mackie... tongue.gif

Tell me what you think leh Barradio. V2 should have some similiarity to V3.

Where can I get the cheapest and new MF CDP in Singapore?

Thanks.

New MF .. hrm.. Alpha Audio, SLS? tongue.gif

cheapest I not sure.. should be the 2nd hand market I think biggrin.gif

Yup, Alpha Audio is the dealer for MF products. They have shops at SLS and Adelphi. I found the chaps at SLS rather nice.

I have a pal who is thinking of letting go of his MF A3CD. Afterall he's a Naim guy and the MF is used to play copy-protected cds and thus usage is low.

Edited by Mackie

Sure Jason. I believe his set is with the platinium instead of gold trimmings. However, it will cost more than a grand, U must know that right? I don't wanna start negotiation and find out later U're looking at sub $1K. tongue.gif

What will happen to your CD7300? I happen to know someone who is interested in this cdp if U're looking to sell it. If so, I shall set U guys up. In the meantime, I'm still waiting for a decision from my pal.