jasonhanjk

Sgheadphones DIY A47 pocket amp kit

Yeah, looks neater thumbup1.gif

How do you use the OPA2134 for the ground channel without any resistor? Using single channel or dual?

Did you put the input signal ground after the output of the ground channel, or still at the input?

Let's compare the sounds of the 3 variants party.gif

Yeah, looks neater thumbup1.gif

How do you use the OPA2134 for the ground channel without any resistor? Using single channel or dual?

Did you put the input signal ground after the output of the ground channel, or still at the input?

Let's compare the sounds of the 3 variants party.gif

Both input and output are at 0V output. tongue.gif

Sometimes the 2 opamp at opa2134AP is not accurate enough so it caused it to oscillate. Then I had to cut the trace up and add a 10 ohm resistor underneath.

If you use OPA2132BP (very X), should not be a problem.

post-12-1101113973.jpg

Looks better on the IG and OG wink.gif

But I hope you give up using OPA2134 for the ground channel sleep.gif It's kind of defeating the purpose of using A47 for the Right and Left Channel.

Look, with A47 on the Left and Right Channel, in theory each can supply 80 mA current if using OPA2134 (60mA with OPA2228). So an ideal ground should be able to cater for 160 mA. But with the circuit above, max only 80 mA. And also connecting 2 output without any resistor is just not right (as you said might cause oscillation). In most cases, only 1 op-amp will work at a time.

So my suggestion is, don't use the A47 circuit for the ground channel, and use a simple unity gain single op-amp config with high current output op-amp such as LM6171 (the cheapest option, 135 mA), or OPA551 for higher output current (200 mA), but OPA551 cost around SGD 7 - 8 each (Will be cheaper if you buy in bulk).

My 2 Cents wink.gif

Bram, thanks for your wonderful input. I find that with my current design, I can fit in an LM6171 by bending a few pins. The ground channel can be use with single opamp or dual opamp design.

Here's how:

Cut away pin 1, 5 and 8.

Bend pin7 to pin8 location.

Bend pin6 to pin7 location.

Walla!!! ohmy.gif

You're welcome !

Here's how:

Cut away pin 1, 5 and 8.

Bend pin7 to pin8 location.

Bend pin6 to pin7 location.

That's another way. What I did, I didn't bend any pin, I cut one pcb track and short pin 7 & 8:

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=2400&st=180

biggrin.gif

Edited by bpribadi

The new PCB revision you can't cut the traces anymore. I think this will be the final design as you can play with multiple configuration. wink.gif

Can i Know how can i purchase this amp,this is because I will be down in Singapore and want to get this amp for myself

It isn't ready yet and it's not an amp, but rather a kit with all the parts that you need to assemble the amp. You'll still have to assemble it yourself.

It isn't ready yet

see quote

If you cannot wait, Headsave(www.headsave.com) from Canada sells excellent portable amps. I highly recommend him. Of course, his amps will cost you slightly more.

Edited by av98m

yes jason smile.gif sorry didn't see your sms today tongue.gif

no work today, playing online game whole afternoon laugh.gif

i don't quite understand the new board...if the iG & oG is already connected together, what is the third op-amp for? unsure.gif

can the new board work with just 2 op-amps? left & right channel op-amps only, the first version can't work this way

Edited by tropicalrips

I see... I will do the same if I were you playin game... tongue.gif

The voltage devide uses 2 resistor in series. If I take the opamp away the voltage will drift to one side.