jasonhanjk

Sgheadphones DIY A47 pocket amp kit

it looks good smile.gif

will it be difficult to get the pot mounting on the case if the pot is already soldered to the PCB?

we might hav to try a few times to get the mountings on the case just right, need to note down the measurements for the holes to be drilled.

i would like to try my starget & cerafine caps on this amp yes.gif

The panel have to drill according to the pot after it is being solder to the PCB. All should be the same height as they are snap in type.

FYI, I just bought small ALPS (around 1x1 cm body size) from Farnell, they cost less than SGD 3.- per piece. Forgot the order code. I will search the invoice if you interested. Snap in type to PCB, green color.

bpribadi, is it 50k with centre detent? The quality is not bad, I tried it. Only problem is the bushing is too long and so it the stem (or whatever it's called).

Ok, I got the Farnell order number, it is :

919615 (Dual 10k log)

919627 (Dual 20k log)

919639 (Dual 50k log)

919640 (Dual 100k log)

For your convenience rolleyes.gif ....

The price list is SGD 7.08, but they charged me less than SGD 3.- per pot. You know sometime Farnell give discount for certain items without telling us biggrin.gif

Well I think it is odd to have centre detent for volume, so I prefer the one without. You are right about the bush, they a bit too long, so sometime we need to cut it (I use file to cut it).

The price is confirm SGD 2.13 (w/ GST) for the 919639 (Dual 50k log). No stock for other values. I don't know how long Farnell will sell it with this price, so hurry !!! tongue.gif

The problem with Farnell is when they find out they under-charge, they'll be back to ask for payment.

This happen when I got something cheap from RS.

Maybe they'll never find out... tongue.gif

The one you recommend is RK9 series from Alps. Link here: http://www3.alps.co.jp/pdf/2004pdf/pdf_e/P...tal/9_metal.pdf

RK9 characteristic:

1. 15,000 cycles life

2. 11.35mm in height

3. Takes 12.4mm deeper into the PCB space

RK12 characteristic:

1. 10,000 cycles life

2. 15.5mm in height

3. Takes 8.5mm deeper into the PCB space

4. Enhanced structural design has improved cross talk and gang error characteristics.

The previous RK14 is too tall by 1mm and the RK9 takes critical PCB area away.

This time is not under-charge. Yesterday mukegile and me went to Farnell to check the price one more time, and he bought a few pieces as well. The price is correct, confirmed by the lady at the counter.

What are you guys waiting for?!!!

Go for this alps pot! Worth it. Who going over to Farnell buy can buy for me too... biggrin.gif

Let me know how many you want, I have customer near Farnell and I go there quite often happy.gif

Sorry guys, need to delay to a next possible date. The launch date would be December 25, delay is due to choosing the wrong pot. Final design would be using RK9. Will post some images over the weekend.