jasonhanjk

Sgheadphones DIY A47 pocket amp kit

Guest drumma

oh man! i'm sorry that i joined this site late! somehow, this hobby of buying good headphones developed late..

see, i'm really interested in what u guys are doing.. really appreciate it alot! keep it up guys! hope to learn from all of u.. laugh.gifparty.gif

i finally got round to fixing up the new prototype board smile.gif

user posted image

i did not hav all of the right components...so made some minor changes tongue.gif

user posted image

didn't hav enough Wima 1uF caps, i used 5uF Alcaps instead for the input, measured the DC on the output @ 0.4-0.45 mV

i'm using opa2132p for the ground & opa2228 for left/right channels, the soundstage seems very wide, very good details, not as much punch as my RA-1 clone/variant (aka NACA V3) laugh.gif

i think the "punch" from my V3 comes from the faster op-amp that i'm using (AD8620) but the 8620 don't seems to work on this board, should be a voltage problem

the wirings are only temp jobs smile.gif will be changing them when i mount it on a case

Edited by tropicalrips

tropicalrips, looking good. Where you get the 1uF Wima in Singapore?

Tropicalrips, that's neat !!! thumbup1.gif

I like the way you tubed the cap legs happy.gif

Still owe you the RK9, will pass to you not later than Tuesday wink.gif I'm damn busy at the moment no.gif

heady - the Wima i bought from jason some time ago for other projects smile.gif

bpribadi - no rush smile.gif i may not be using the plastic Hammond case for this amp, thinking of using a bigger case cause i wanted to use my Starget caps biggrin.gif

tropic - aiyah, so sad. Cannot find this size caps here. The only one I could find is the Rifa/Evox 1uF polycarbonate (grey) caps in SLT but it is not square but rectangular and the leads are spaced 4 holes apart. Will be problem to populate this board if the smaller sized caps not available. But the other caps you used are interesting. What are they?

Thanks.

i'm using Sanyo 10v 1000uF on the power side, bought from SLT, need to hunt around a bit for these & they don't always hav stock

the Alcap are from Martin Audio in Bencolen smile.gif

the red Elna Stargets that i wanted to use hav to be ordered from RS

the amp is now sounding like it should, problem was with R12, i didn't know weather it should be short or open, i left it open at first, that made the sound stage sound "weired" with the vocals sounding very far away, i thought it was from the design...a wide sound stage tongue.gif

this had a very interesting effect on the sound...kind of made everything sound "live" laugh.gif

will need Jason to explain why this is so.

after confirming R12 with Jason, i hav since short R12, and the amp is sounding more "normal"

Yup, sound funny too when I left it open or have a resistor across it.

What is an Alcap? Poly something or aluminium?

its finally done laugh.gif just cased the Cmoy2 amp

user posted image

i hav replaced the Sanyo caps with red Elna Stargets happy.gif

left the led on the board cause i'm using the translucent Hammond case

user posted image

seen here with my clone/V3

i'll be bringing the new amp along tomorrow for testing, those interested are welcome to audition, can find me in SLS #04-65 smile.gif

Edited by tropicalrips