tropicalrips

Digital Camera

Aah.. the age old Zoom vs Primes debate. I will say that each have their place so im a neutral party to this.

Aah.. the age old Zoom vs Primes debate. I will say that each have their place so im a neutral party to this.

Aye.. Each have their places.. But you can't deny that a Prime is better than a Zoom granted both use the same technologies.

A prime simply has less elements and moving parts that it'd give better image quality (if the film/ sensor allows). Of course, you do lose convenience of zooms.

And you'd notice that quality zooms like Canon L lenses have a small zoom range. The exception being the lens mounted on the Pro1 for which the sensor doesn't have the resolving ability to tell.

Heh.. You win some, lose some..

yawn.gif

Prime lens = No zoom.

Prime lens + legs = Zoom.

LOL..

Not quiet true, the prespective changes and if you are shooting humans/animals they react differently to a camera 10 feet away or 5 feet away.

Prime lens = No zoom.

Prime lens + legs = Zoom.

LOL..

Not quiet true, the prespective changes and if you are shooting humans/animals they react differently to a camera 10 feet away or 5 feet away.

Another solution?... More primes at different lengths! tongue.gif

nice.. I like the 2nd one... the first one seems to suffer from some handshake(or was there a strong wind? hrm) yes.gif

smile.gif not strong wind, only a small breeze, but its a very tiny flower, i couldn't get the shot with the 50mm Nikkor. will try it again with a smaller amperture.

also tried some "leave" shots tongue.gif but they did not turn out as good...must learn from "leave master Pribadi" tongue.gif

I saw the kind of effect it can do in CS.. liked it.. but think that it doesn't really serve a lot of purpose.. more like a fun to play kind of thing.. YMMV

Was that taken at lunchtime (the one of the patchy road) - send it to LTA

Send to them to complain about the piss poor job they're doing? lol.giflol.gif

Yes Tropical, nice flower! A bit over saturated red color makes the petal's details gone, but that can be fixed if you shoot RAW tongue.gif

Come on guys, no more zoom vs. prime debate please no.gif I just said, for super mini camera, which lens is very small, space is very limited, normally the one with zoom lens doesn't perform very well. But the one with fixed lens can give very good result. In the case for DSLR, everything is different. Some zoom lens can perform better than fix. For example, Canon 17-40L mm perform better than the Canon 20 mm fix lens.

also tried some "leave" shots  but they did not turn out as good...

Try to find the pattern wink.gif Curves, straight lines, any interesting pattern, and of course, keep it simple yes.gif

user posted image