tropicalrips

Digital Camera

also tried some "leave" shots  but they did not turn out as good...

Try to find the pattern wink.gif Curves, straight lines, any interesting pattern, and of course, keep it simple yes.gif

thanks smile.gif

thumbup1.gif "leaf master Pribadi" strikes again tongue.gif i like the greens very much

i did take those macro shots in RAW format, not sure why the first one was a little out of focus...more difficult to do Macro with DSLR without the right lens?

its my neighboors flower, they look a little like fake flowers tongue.gif its also a little "dusty" i couldn't get that red color to come out with the Nikkor 50mm lens, havn't figure out why yet...

Those are beautiful, real works of art. Where might this place be?

Becak rider waiting for customer - Solo Central Market.

DSCF004111.jpg

I like this pic best but I am biased by my experience of seeing this old lady obviously poor and yet dignified as she tries to sell bananas to the hawkers at the market. All the above pics taken with my Fuji S1Pro which has been sold...

Q00 - The temples are near Yogjakarta in Central Java. Beautiful places, over a thousand years old and the carvings are exquisite.

DSCF004811.jpg

Edited by heady

Can the experts tell me why my first pic is so large while the others are small although their file size are similar. Been trying to get my pics file size small enough to upload. I am using IrfanView to do the size manipulation. unsure.gif

When I check image properties your 1st pic is about 2x the size (646x503pixels) of the others (~320x255pixels) hence the difference in size.

If you're using irfanview, for image sizes at around 640x480pixels I suggest before you save it as a jpeg, move the jpeg save quality slider to 90. It should be not more than 100kb after saving otherwise move the slider in increments.

Alternatively use Photoshop which has a better image quality to file size compromise when you use the 'Save for web' function. Plus you get to see the output file size before saving so you can make the necessary ajustments beforehand.

Thanks N@Z for the tips. I only have PS lite, from maybe 2 years ago. I will look for it and install it.

nice shots heady.. Did you go to Borobudur as well? very nice too .. haven't got the chance to go there myself though blush.gifyucky.gif

Whaaat! Unbelievable! Even I've been there matey! Although that was many years ago.

Thanks Blues, both Prambanan and Borobudur are close to Yogjakarta but in opposite directions. So one day at each place. If you have more time, plan to go to volcanoes. That's my plan for next time.. happy.gif , I hope. Both Silkair and Garuda flies direct to Yogjakarta.

Edited by heady

also tried some "leave" shots  but they did not turn out as good...

Try to find the pattern wink.gif Curves, straight lines, any interesting pattern, and of course, keep it simple yes.gif

user posted image

Now here's a shot that was carefully thought out. The lines of the leaves leads to the central circular portion which is the centre of focus. Notice how putting the centre of focus off centre (ie following the 1/3rds rule) helps turn this into a really good shot. With somthing like this a high contrast B&W picture would also accentuate the leaf pattern. Very nice picture. Thanks for the visual treat.

Thanks Rameish ! happy.gif

is it me or is one of the 'petals' white part abit blown out?

Qoo, I purposely set it a bit over contrasty to exaggerate the thorns of the leaves, to give the 'ouch' feel tongue.gif

I like this pic best but I am biased by my experience of seeing this old lady obviously poor and yet dignified as she tries to sell bananas to the hawkers at the market. All the above pics taken with my Fuji S1Pro which has been sold...

Q00 - The temples are near Yogjakarta in Central Java. Beautiful places, over a thousand years old and the carvings are exquisite.

Nice pics Heady, thanks for sharing! You made me want to go there happy.gif

Nice pics Heady, thanks for sharing! You made me want to go there happy.gif

Thanks Bram, I like Yogjakarta and Solo, I feel safe there, unlike Jakarta. And the traffic is sane. biggrin.gif Go, go!