tropicalrips

Digital Camera

Shots from today ..

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by Blues

1st shot is the best of the 3 - nice framing. Second shot maybe move merlion up the pix such that it spits from Top right to bottom left of frame. 3rd picture need the use of a tripod and tilt from sky to ground during the long exposure. Funky colours blues.

You are using your camera well blues.

rameish: thx...yea .. too bad I didn't bring down my tripod y'day hrm tried to hold but 1-2 sec and all suffer from some shake. Tried to get something from the very blurred shot of one of the pic but I guess it's better if I just discard it haha.. like no meaning

noted for the merlion one yes.gif

took some portraits today smile.gif taken with 50mm lens, the 3 are siblings, not sure what they wanted the portraits for, but it givs me a chance to pratice tongue.gif

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

Edited by tropicalrips

Shots from today ..

Love the last pic wub.gif Welldone!

took some portraits today  taken with 50mm lens, the 3 are siblings, not sure what they wanted the portraits for, but it givs me a chance to pratice

Can open stand in Singapore immigration for passport pics tongue.gif

I like the 2nd one, so cheeky!

On the 1st 3 portraits, subject is too close to the background causing a soft shadow to be cast. The sharpening looks overdone or did that happen when you resized it? I think it would look better if it was softer (nothing that a little work on PS can solve wink.gif ). Passport photos tend to be sharp but there is little facial shadows, in this case it works as it adds a character to the portrait.

the "over sharpening" happen after i resize the pics, did not do any sharpening with any of the pics.

i did the resize using "Irfanview" this software givs the samllest file size with losing print size, if i use PS, the pics at this print size will be over 100k or 200k

the pic below was resize using PS, can see the difference from here. they are still the same print size, but the file size is different

user posted image

Edited by tropicalrips

bram: thanks.. w00t.gif

I think the irfanview sharpening cause the distortion to ur image. Suggest you stick to photoshop.. just choose the lower quality like 7/12 incase u're afraid that the image size is too large. Eitherway can crop smaller too or convert to B&W ..sure filesize very small lol.gif

took some more outdoor pics with the Tamron & Sigma today smile.gif

first Sigma 28mm pics

user posted image

user posted image

Tamron 90mm pics

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

90mm Tamron : alley cat smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

the RSAF also got came along tongue.gif with their "super puma"

user posted image

a miniature water wheel that my father bought from Malaysia

user posted image

Edited by tropicalrips

'Rips, have your tried using the "Save to Web" function in PS? Try different jpeg quality settings, you can see the estimated output size every time you change the values. In general most images saved as 640x480 tend to be below 100kb (at 80% quality & below).

I like most of the shots, the pictures tell a story. U caught the superpuma really nice... looks like this old 80's show helicopter, Airwolf. For the last shot, the colours really pop out on this one... i love the bubbles!

Hiya guys,

I recently got a panny lumix FZ15 digital camera. Posting some pics.

Did i mention that I am a complete newbie to photography? tongue.gif

Mysore Trip

Baby Orpheus

By the way are there any free sites which allow you to upload and link images. Photobucket allows only 250KB images

cheers

Rohit