tropicalrips

Digital Camera

Boring day.... yawn.gif

Bring up this thread for fun whistling.gif Tropical has moved to D70 club tongue.gif

innocent.gif the D70 club needs more members Bram..."feel the force of D70...don't fight it...become #5 bram..." haha.gifwhistling.gif

innocent.gif the D70 club needs more members Bram..."feel the force of D70...don't fight it...become #5 bram..." haha.gif whistling.gif

Maybe if can get very cheap cheap tongue.gif

Hehe... I've got an Olympus Wcon-08 (55mm rear thread) if you're interested.

Heh, saw your thread in CS, did think about that before...but it can only brings my low end down to 30mm, the Wcon07 can do abit better at 26mm smile.gif

Heh, saw your thread in CS, did think about that before...but it can only brings my low end down to 30mm, the Wcon07 can do abit better at 26mm smile.gif

LoL.. What's your camera's widest? 38mm? I was expecting a 35mm wide on the camera... Hehe..

Well... in that case, go for a Wcon-07.. Frankly, I doubt the difference is that great unless you're into expansive landscapes..

Taken with Ixus-i, this tiny digicam has an impressive macro capability.

Resized 50% from the original size and then croped. So the original size of the ant in the original image is twice the size of this foto.

user posted image

Edited by bpribadi

How close to the ant were you?

Wow! Nice! Shows you don't always need a megabuck camera to take a good picture! I think its the nicest one posted so far in any of the camera threads.

Edited by av98m

Thanks av98m!

The classic rule of thumb is still valid: the most important is the man behind the camera laugh.gif

bpribadi certainly fits that bill.

bpribadi certainly fits that bill.

I wish so tongue.gif Have been eyeing on DSLR since 2 years ago, but still cannot afford one tongue.gif

Didn't know the Ixus-I's macro is really impressive, at 3 - 4cm it's so much better than majority of the camera on the market

user posted image

Welcome to the jungle

It gets worse here everyday

Ya learn ta live like an animal

In the jungle where we play

Edited by Firefox

Nice BW yes.gif

It seems you applied a little bit of soft focus effect. What sw/technique you used?