tropicalrips

Digital Camera

Nice BW yes.gif

It seems you applied a little bit of soft focus effect. What sw/technique you used?

Used PS 8 CS w/ OptikVerve's Virtual Photographer plug-in.

Basically adjusted the colours a little before using Virtual Photographer to turn it into b/w with a little softening.

I highly recommend VP.. Most of it's effects are actually combination of default Photoshop Filters. You can also create your own custom settings. A plus point is that it previews effects faster than Photoshop Filters.

second one..this one is even worse than the first pic. Think it is going to take a bit of time before I am able to take decent pictures. sleep.gif

post-4-1110167841.jpg

Edited by av98m

Yummy... tongue.gif

On the contrary, i think the second one is the better of the two pictures. It has a certain mood or feel to it. cool.gif

I prefer the 1st one however the orientation of the coffee cup is disconcerting. If it was less tilted like in the 2nd picture would be nicer. On the 2nd one it's the large highlight to the right which is distracting. Not a big fan of b/w although I can appreciate it's effect on certain type of shots for mood. Good colours on the last one I can almost taste the Deli France fare.

I prefer wider angle lens for more perspective tongue.gif and give more contrast to highlight and shadow (rembrandt lighting) wink.gif

I prefer wide angle lense too(will be buying one for my canon underwater camera)...but I used my very old and beaten up fujifilm 1.2 megapixel camera to take the shots(just to see if the camera even still works), I don't own any dslrs. biggrin.gif

Edited by av98m

Thank god for that.

fishy shot

Very nice color tropical yes.gif Would be better if the DOF is deeper, so the fish' mouth also sharp wink.gif

thanks Bram, i was trying out the 50mm len's 1.8 f-stop, i actually had it on manual focus and move the camera till it was in focus smile.gif

took this on my way home in the MRT station, still on the 50mm 1.8 f-stop, ISO400, A mode

i took this shot without looking into the view finder smile.gif cause didn't want anyone to know i was actually shooting tongue.gif the "uncle" in the shot was actually a "bonus" i wasn't trying to put him in the frame. did some color adjustment in PS

user posted image user posted image

the shot was also a little tilted, cropped and strighten in PC

I find that for AF the 50mm f/1.8 works better using spot metering with the D70.