Sign in to follow this  
Blues

HElP! creek obh-11se

Hi,

I've confirmed there is nothing wrong with my cd player and headphones, as when I skip the amp , there is no hiss whatsoever.

But when I connect my beyer to the creek, there is this v apparent and annoying hiss in the left driver. Anyone knows what's happening?

yesterday they were still ok.

Edited by Guyferd

Bring it down and I see if I can troubleshoot it for you. Hiss in the left driver in either jack or just one.

Okay. Looks like you might have a DC leakage problem. Try it with another CDP first just to make sure it's the amp. Also use a cheap headphone (don't damage the Beyers please).

Bring it down and I'll check for DC leakage. We'l take it from there.

Try a pair of better interconect, 11se are quite sensitive to interconect. Did you find when you touch the body of the amp, you can also hear a kind of hissing sound, when you touch the earth of IC, all the hissing gone. What IC are you using now? whistling.gif

yeap, I am using monster cable Interlink 300mkII , courtesy of mackie laugh.gif

ok guys, I am going down to firefox's place to have this checked.. apparently there is no dc leakage,.. huhuh.. meanwhile have to just live with the hiss wacko.gif

Hi Guyferd,

How is your Creek doing after checking ? be careful not to short your transducers. keep us posted pls. wink.gif

Hi Guyferd,

Since U've confirmed the cdp and cans are not contributing to the hiss, the earthing problem as suggested by ting can be confirmed by the following troubleshooting.

1. Change the interconnects (doubtful this is the cause) to the cheapo red & white ones. No effect? Carry on to the next stage. If there is, return the Monster interconnects to me and I shall look into it.

2. Switch the power cord of your creek amp with another UK 3-pin (ensure ground pin is connected) and test. Meanwhile, feel the amp's chassis and test for any static when U brush your fingers against it. If answer is negative on all these acounts, most probably the amp is the culprit.

U will need to send it in for servicing but if one has an oscilloscope and signal generator, troubleshooting should be mighty easy. Trace the signal from input to output with a probe and compare the measurements against the functioning R-channel. I suspect a capacitor of the filtering or amplification stage is defectively but may not be visible to the naked eye. Look for slightly over-blown top and bottom of a capacitor as this normally gives away of its demise.

If U ever need to seek someone for repairs, revert to us. I have a few friends who are into modding and had also done some repairs for others.

Good luck!

Edited by Mackie

will do as you suggested mackie laugh.gif

thanks for the help!