Sign in to follow this  
mychew

PCDP, CDP or Cans upgrade?

can anyone teach me how to mod my EX71 thanks alot.. party.gif

The mod on EX70 comprises of removing the paper cover with pin hole and replace with foam. Cut to width and size sparingly; just enough to fill the circumference of the driver cylinder.

In addition, U'll notice there are 3 pin ports on the silver caps. U can either fill all of these with Elmer's Glue-all (brand carries cow head) or one by one for I find there are subtle differences. Filling all of which minimizes bass volume.

With my Pannie SL-CT790 pcdp, I use one pair of EX70 with smallest buds and none of the pin ports filled. The other pair with larger buds and with 2 pin ports filled. There are subtle differences and have fun experimenting.

However, I'm not sure if the same job or effects can be done/had on EX71.

p.s. Elmers Glue-all is milky white when wet and transparent dried. It's also very easy to remove akin to peeling a layer of skin.

where the paper cover?? izzt the grey driver in the ear bub with a very small hole at the centre?

Yes, use a thumb tack to prise out the paper cover by inserting it shallowly through the pin hole.

Pencil also works and its safer.

When you place foam, cut as small piece as you need because the more foam you pack into the canal the more the highs will be affected. Unless you find the highs too much, cut only enough to fill without compressing too much.

hi mychew, long time no see

u have to look @ how u will use your portable setup

-walking

-running [not suited for PCDP & shure/etys]

-on public transport

-at home

this will impact greatly on what audio player, cans, & amp u should look at

Hi Evo,

Yes, long time no see wink.gif How's life going on? Feeling good?

As for the pcdp, I'm not intend to use an amplifier with the portable setup, therefore I normally would only use it on public transport and while walking from places to places.

Hence, I would like to buy a pcdp with decent sounding and average and acceptable isolation (optional).

So what would you recommend for me?

Can anyone help me to list out the list of recommended models as well? tongue.gif

mychew: If U have decided on getting a pcdp, I suggest U drop by Jade giftshop to try and buy the right pcdp for yourself as they are pretty accomodating and offer great prices too.

Hi Mackie,

Yup, i finf that i love Jade Gift Shop too. What a nice place to be.

I prefer to go there than Sim Lim Square now tongue.gif

Thanks for your input wink.gif

Cheers

Not yet, haven't have any idea of which model to go for and also, haven't made a trip down yet. Looking for nice pcdp with good outlook as well tongue.gif

I also haven't have enough funding for it yet. Currently is busy with projects on hand. Never ending projects coming towards me, like seawaves that keep coming towards me. Keep dragging me deeper and deeper until i'm drowned under the sea...pathetic man..sigh