Sign in to follow this  
Goondu

Interconnect plugs and speaker spades

I am doing up some speaker cables and interconnect.

Wires use in interconnect are silver coated ones and in speaker cables are copper ones.

I am looking for plugs and spades for them. So what are you guys recommending for them

Heard that oems of Vampire plugs and spades can be found in SLT / SLS. Is that true? If so, where.

Thanks

I like OSEL RCA plug,it is so good.

such as OSEL RCA-807 golden,it has eight leaning teeth,can fit 8mm diameter cable.

post-12-1092269677.jpg

I am doing up some speaker cables and interconnect.

Wires use in interconnect are silver coated ones

Thanks

Goondu, some source of information claims that silver coated copper wire will result in bright sounding. IMHO, it might due to the current tend to travel via the coated silver layer rather than the inner copper wire. May be you can buy a few single core pure silver wire make your own wire.(make something like kimber silver streak)

here is a link to a local seller, he sells silver wire at $5/m and teflon tube at $3.50/m.

Overmind from echoloft

On the safe side.......u can't go wrong with Copper ..(especially one with OCCtechnology )

connectors u might want to check LHS (SLT level2...CMIIW)

Start with LHS - 2nd floor, SLT and Robert could also terminate them for U if U were to buy both cables and terminators at his shop.

if I am using silver wire for both i/c and speaker cables, what material should i used for the spades and plugs? Silver, gold or Rhodium?

Are there any rhodium plugs or spades selling in SLS/SLT? Are they any good?

I use Furutech Rhodium banana plugs from Musiclink and they are not cheap. In actual fact, place emphasis on the cables and termination instead of the connectors. Most gold-plated plugs/spades will do the job as the plating would deter oxidation. This is especially true for DIY cables. U might wanna splurge on "audiophile" branded plugs/spades when a right note is struck between your system and cable.

As for the choice of either silver or copper, I'd prefer the latter for higher conductivity.

http://www.amm.com/index2.htm?/ref/conduct.HTM

Sound wise, silver conductor is sometimes mistakenly judged as bright sounding and I beg to differ for I've used Kimber Kable for more than 10 years. Silver sounds more revealing at the top and any brightness encountered may already be inherent in the system but simply left undiscovered.

Before we dwell on the choice of copper or silver, it's high time we talk about the system involved and in the meantime, U could also visit our review section and look for the one concerning DIY interconnects. As yet, there's also the power buy of Mogami cable organised by powerman at Echoloft. These are rare and good sounding stuffs!

Edited by Mackie

In actual fact, place emphasis on the cables and termination instead of the connectors.

What 's the difference between cable termination and connectors?

I thought they are the same.

termination defines the method used to connect a cable to connector ie, crimping, soldering, screwing etc

Edited by Mackie

Screwing and crimping may give the best contact but prone to oxidation. Soldering averts this but introduce impurities. Each has its pro and con but soldering gives better peace of mind in terms of longer-lasting conductivity between cable and connector.

I guess screwing is not as good as soldering with silver like WBT. Right?

I think screwing is good method.

soldering may add additionally materials.additional materials that might degrade the sound mellow.gif

Can try bullet plug as well. happy.gif

Bullet Plug

YEAH BABYEH!!!