Rameish

Zu Mobius cable for Senn HD580/600/650

At Music By Design, 2nd Level The Adelphi. Limited Quantity only. Ask for Eugene. Price S$395.

This is a FYI Posting - please dont PM me to collect on your behalf etc. The previous pice mentioned (S$450) was a mistake on my part.

Woops! This was meant for the Classifieds section. Posted here by mistake. However since there's a discussion going on I leave this alone here.

Edited by Rameish

i have been going through a few review on cable replacement i.e clou red, equinox, cardas and Zu Mobius. It seem to me from the reviews clou red is least favourable than eqiuinox than cardas. Though between equinox and cardas, it depend to your listenning preference.

I am interested to get a cable replacement for my senn. At the moment it seem to me cardas on the top list.

But i am not sure between Cardas and Zu Mobius. Anybody want to share his/her opinoin.

ohmy.gif not sure i am on the right topic here. ohmy.gif

By the way the Zu mobius mentioned above is for what lenght??

My apologies Absolute0, I accidentally deleted your post while merging this topic. Included as follows:

(arj @ Aug 24 2004, 05:32 PM)

But i am not sure between Cardas and Zu Mobius. Anybody want to share his/her opinoin.

not sure i am on the right topic here. 

By the way the Zu mobius mentioned above is for what lenght?? 

From Absolute0:

I am expecting this to be moved, but I will still make some brief comments.

The Zu Mobius is likely to be 2.5m.

The Zu is widely regarded to be the better cable, but at a substantial price premium. I have heard both the cardas and the Zu on the HD600, and the Zu is definitely superior in terms of extension of both ends, staging, and detail. The cardas is good value for money as well, but I would rather go straight to the Zu and save an upgrade later.

Edited by Mackie

No problem, Mackie. By the way, will you be getting an aftermarket cable to go with your Senn's?

Not likely for now as the price of is almost the price of a new pair of cans. I'm not contesting the benefits of a cable change but the stock cable of HD650 didn't sound as lame as the one on HD600.....relatively speaking.

Edited by Mackie

Thanks Mackie for providing the link to teh discussion about the Zu Mobius cable and so on.

You are right about the cost of cable, its a big consideration here.

It all relative... since you bought the HD650 at a bargain price a used set of cables will definitely be the way to go. If you are patient to wait for the FOTM (flavour of the month) to die down you can get pretty good bargains from Head-Fi's Classifieds. Just be careful who you buy from.

One of our members has a friend in the US who is offering Zu Mobius at US$150; should be taken up by now. That's a great bargain! I would certainly jump on the backwagon if such an offer emerges. w00t.gif

I believe there are less expensive aftermarket cables out there other than the Zu, say the Oehlbach (sp?). In fact IIRC, the silver dragon is also cheaper than the Zu. They might be worth a try too if the Zu is beyond your budget.

IIRC, the silver dragon

This is a new name for me. Try to check with google search cannot find anything related.

Anybody know the performance of this cable in comparison to the others. Like to see the comments.....

IIRC, the silver dragon

This is a new name for me. Try to check with google search cannot find anything related.

Anybody know the performance of this cable in comparison to the others. Like to see the comments.....

Pic of the cable can be found -> http://www.moon-audio.com/

Review on the cable can be found -> http://www4.head-fi.org/