Sign in to follow this  
fox

Mac

Hi there,

Any fellow mac user around? Care to share what u using?

I am using a 12" AL PB Rev.B with superdrive. biggrin.gif

15" PB Ti superdrive.

I am using a 4-5 year old G3 iMac. Thinking of upgrading but usage too low so cannot justified.

ya i got G3 imac as well but not working. i was inform the input/output BIOS need replacement. still like it. Anyboby know how much to replace it now. last time i was quoted around $400.00 if not mistaken.

I use a iBook G3 (combo drive) with 30 Gig HD and 640MB ram. Have been using Macs since 1989 (Mac SE superdrive, Mac Colour Classic, Power Mac 6100, iBook G3 (CDRW drive), iBook G3 (Combo Drive). Thinking about the new G4 iBooks or maybe a G5 in the future. hehe

Wat about the new G5 Imacs?? Kewl design and pretty affordable as well. Other than the downside of bundling with crappy RAM size and non-wireless bundled as well. Waiting for reviews of first batch first. My peecee desktop died on me, so now waiting for this baby to replace it. biggrin.gif

Hi! Mac users, I am trying to set up wireless ADSL for my Mac. People from Mac shop told me 'must' get a ethernet modem, whereas SingTel jetpack package comes with a USB modem. Any body knows is there any real problems with USB modem?

I have heard many complaints about setting up USB ADSL modems, even for the PC. I don't know what the cause is, but many seems to point to driver issues. I know of many who have swapped to ethernet from USB.

Personally, I do not have experience with USB modems as I am using Ethernet. My suggestion is to go for ethernet as it will save you potential headaches and wasted time in the future.

Is there any specific ethernet modem that is mac compatible? Do we also need drivers for the use of ethernet modem? Singtel did offer me a ethernet modem but on the instructions it only says OS 9.xx compatible so I dare not take up the offer.

Basically u can't share(i'm not sure wat technical term to use) a USB adsl network. U need an ethernet modem to share the network.

what sayhitojason is true too, the usb drivers are always buggy and singtel can't really do much abt it.

I'm quite sure the ethernet singtel offer can be use, but i'll suggest u drop by sim lim for a better deal.

I suppose u have sign up from the jet pack.

BTW, do u have a wireless router?

Hi! AugustineRS I am not a computer man so do not understand what is a wireless router but I guess I do not have one. I bought the airport express and will need the ADSL to be activated before I can try to set up the wireless connection.

Since u have an Airport Express, all u need is an ethernet modem.

Nifty little device!

The last time I bought an iMac was 5 years ago and I realised I am very far behind today. The new OS X layout is very new to me. Do u all still use Netscape or IE for web surfing? There is this Safari thing is it better than the Netscape/IE?