Sign in to follow this  
fox

Mac

Most people prefer Safari because it's faster, nicer looking, doesn't have spyware etc. But some sites (e.g. e-banking) only work with IE.

Other option is to use Firefox browser but I've never had any issues with Safari so far. IE is far too slow on the Mac.

Team FireFox! tongue.gif

The official released version coming out on the 9th Nov!

It is true that e-banking work betta with IE, even most of my school websites works better with IE, the email is well, ms exchange.

Phew! everything went on smoothly and despite my clumsiness I managed to set up my new mac, the ADSL and the airport express. Setting up was surprisingly easy for the ethernet connection. And also to my surprise is the Safari can actually work well with DBS and Citibank internet banking, and for my case seemed faster than IE and Netscape.

BTW where have they hide appleworks in OS X? I do not seemed to able to locate it. Also some old stuff from my 5-year old OS 9 seem not compatible in the new OS. Some pointers please?

You should be able to run OS-9 applications in Classic Mode. Go to sTart-up disk and select OS-9 and restart. Edit: Start Up Disk is in System Preferences.

BTW I'm getting a new iMac G5 with 400GB Hard Drive, 1GB ram, DVD burner, the upgraded graphics card and wireless keyboard and mouse. Should arrive next week.

Edited by Rameish

Love to get my hands on those G5s. But they are a little noisy and hard to move around.

Not sure about the noise but a G5 iMac should be very easy to move around.

How much did the whole shebang cost you Rameish?

You should be able to run OS-9 applications in Classic Mode. Go to sTart-up disk and select OS-9 and restart. Edit: Start Up Disk is in System Preferences.

BTW I'm getting a new iMac G5 with 400GB Hard Drive, 1GB ram, DVD burner, the upgraded graphics card and wireless keyboard and mouse. Should arrive next week.

Wow! Rameish, are u plannig to do something grahpics intensive?

Oh sorry, my mistake. I thot it was a G5 not an imac. That should be pretty neat and movable. =]

iMac G5 with my options = S$4060

minus 1K for the 3 iBooks G3 (white) i traded in (I know I could have gotten more for the iBooks esp the one with 640MB ram and 30 gig HD but it's a PITA to deal with people who buy 2nd hand computer stuff. No matter how low the price you offer they want it for less. So have to paly a game of higher price then lower it gradually. Right now I have no time for games lol

And yes I have to edit all my daughter's DVD movies since she was 6 months old. She's now 3 years and 3 months. So lot's of unedited stuff.

Become cameraman, director, sound editor, post production house. LOL No time for games.