Sign in to follow this  
Guest drumma

Portable headphone amp

Guest drumma

anyone interested in bulk order of amps from overseas? i dun mind sharing the shipping costs depending on which model of amp... maybe u all can say which portable amps u guys are interested.

Edited by drumma

Topic title edited accordingly.

Interested yes. But whether to buy now is still undecided. I still like the sound of my SR-80s unamped at the moment. Budget amp for a budget person. tongue.gif

Guest drumma

ehs, if u want to buy, tell me lei.. i'm looking at the micro.. like quite good reviews on it.

You might want to wait for the supermono, which should be due for release anytime soon. Might be interested to get one then.

Guest drumma

egoh also suggested that.. i dun mind waiting.. laugh.gif but i thought it's out liao. apparently some ppl in US already got it.

Those are the Beta versions for trials. However they should be released soon.

The prices are as follows: (excluding shipping)

Standard (basic version) = US$249.99

Simplified (no opamps & buffers) = US$199.99

Featured (sort of a maxed out version) = US$299.99

See the full details here:

http://www.fixup.net/talk/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=320

This thread isn't exactly a powerbuy yet as you guys have not even decided which portable amp to get & are still discussing options hence I will move it into the portable forum & reedit the topic title. Once you have decided on a particular amp then post a proper new thread in the Classifieds.

Edited by N@Z

Wow... what a price ohmy.gif

My Black Amp using 2x OPA637 and 3x BUF634, Blue ALPS pot, Neutrik Socket, Panasonic FCs, yet the total cost only SGD 250.- including the imported Black Hammond casing from US tongue.gif

That's why I like DIY, save money a lot !!! biggrin.gif

Yes but do you realise how small it is? It's no bigger than the MINT META amp in the hammond case! Your price doesn't include labour, etching the fascia, the purpose made minature board etc. If you could do that sort of soldering, based on your cost, then sir I salute you, you will make a killing!