Sign in to follow this  
Slumber

Koss cans drivers

Heard from people that the Koss KSC 35, 50, 55 uses the same driver? But also the sound quality differ... is it due to the housing of the drivers?

Possibly driver matching as well? Or something like that & specs. wise:

- KSC35

- KSC50

- KSC55

- PortaPro

- KSC75 NEW

KSC75 w00t.gif Wonder how's it!

Headphones can have different sound due to the housing, and its very significant. So you can't determine its quality through its drivers solely. Just like how same speaker drivers put in different housing can have different sound.

Did you guys ever realise that the PortaPro was originally introduced in 1984?

user posted image

While I was looking up the website, I had a flashback recalling I had seen these while I was still in school. So I looked it up here:

http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/02Pro...le+Stereophones

Click on museum -> 80's -> the products -> PortaPro image

The words: "If it ain't broke don't fix it" comes into my mind cool.gif

Woo koss really have some GOOD headphones from the past that are still selling now .. man one day i must lay mui hand on the PortaPro to heard how it sounds like ... happy.gif

But i really like the sound of koss KSC 35 with amped hmm laugh.gif

Grados have 2 types from the story, blues told me maybe Q00 you can try to search them on their website .. wub.gif

2 type what? unsure.gif

The old grado and the new grado? forget about the old one for now.. the only way you can get it is through 2nd hand market(sr-100,200,300 hp-1s). Nowadays the grados generally are referred to the one in production,unless specified.

2 type what? 

The old grado and the new grado? forget about the old one for now.. the only way you can get it is through 2nd hand market(sr-100,200,300 hp-1s). Nowadays the grados generally are referred to the one in production,unless specified.

yup that what i mean, Opps sorry of the very unclear post but they can trace back the histroy ! laugh.gif

old or new they still look pretty similar though tongue.giflol.gif *wwII lookin!*

haha .. anyway why no one here care to compare the different koss cans !! arr ... anyone wanna compare i am willing to bring my KSC 35 to compare ! !! happy.gif

old or new they still look pretty similar though  *wwII lookin!*

hehee ... laugh.gif

Hi guys,

Just to let everyone know that I just received an email from Koss for a 25% off coupon - 101804.

I'm sure it'll come in handy if there's another mass order of KSC35 or even KSC75.

Just got myself a KSC75. biggrin.gif

Forgot to add in: It expires 31st Oct. 2004

Edited by vance

oic ... post some preview for your Koss 75 ?? so how it sound to you for now ? ohmy.gif

Only just ordered it today so I'll probably get it in the next few days. And I'll have no way of comparing with my KSC35 which I left in Singapore.

That'll have to wait till I get back to Singapore.