Sign in to follow this  
papaya86

regarding grado sr80 series headphones

after some time of usage, i noticed small strands of hair stuck in the sennheiser yellow pads, and oso one or 2 little specks of dirt stuck in between the holes of the wire gauze covering the headphones, im afraid these strands of hair or dirt will work its way through the wiregauze, if so theres no other way to access the inner parts to blow away the foreign particles in it right? any work around for this other than cutting botak? or am i just worrying too much

tongue.gif Well don't worry about such problems ... as long as you keep it in a box or use what ever to cover the cans those dust will not work its way thought unless you leave it in the open area !! rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

if come to worst take Q00 advice but i not too izzit the right way to do it .... better wait for more response herE! yawn.gif

... or am i just worrying too much

YES! Normal care & cleaning should be adequate.

If you don't have the box you can get one of those translucent like plastic file folder boxes (similar in size to the Grado box) to store them in.

wah u guys hardcore man its like 4 in the morning now, kk thanks for the advice, but if reli dirt or hair get thru the wire gauze, how am i suppose to get it out, tear the wire(not reli wire dunno wad its made of) gauze open? its reli possible i tested using one strand of my hair and it fits thru the mini holes of the wire gauze, maybe im abit bo liao but the possibility is there sia, somemore i did the sennheiser mod. is there a way to access the "speaker" area?

Papaya,

yes there is indeed a way to acess the transducer area. do a serch in headwize.com it's all there

I have done it before and it's not too difficult but it does require a bit of "gentle force". If you dont know what u r doing then you might cause real damage. Also you'll need the right type of glue to put is back together again.

IMO dont try and fix somthing that's not broken. But hey that's just me. Ultimately it's your cans and only you can decide if you wanna perform open heart surgery.