Sign in to follow this  
tropicalrips

DIY cables for portables

been doing a lot of DIY work today happy.gif

with talk of a possible mini meet, i thought i better prepare my interconects, changed all of them to Neutrik with Klotz cables

user posted image

Neutrik right-angle mini plugs + Klotz + Neutrik Pro-fi RCA connectors

user posted image

Neutrik right-angle mini plugs + Klotz + Neutrik 1/4" locking jacks (springs removed)

user posted image

the whole package smile.gif with Cmoy2 & HD595

i also did a minor upgrade to my desktop Cmoy today, still waiting for the new transformer, will post pics when its done smile.gif

Edited by tropicalrips

can share where you get the Klotz and Neutrik Pro-fi RCA connectors and for how much.

I believe I'm not the only one interested in DIYing a mini to RCA cable like yours.

Thanks!

i bought the pro-fi & Klotz cables some time back, used them on my mixer, can't remember how much they cost, will check tomorrow.

all these stuff bought from Hung Bros in SLS

sound interesting tongue.gif

just saw this thread ... so i was wondering it there a chance to try out the mini to mini interconnect if you hev D.I.Y one ???? laugh.gif

so any preview coming upz ??

sound interesting tongue.gif

just saw this thread ... so i was wondering it there a chance to try out the mini to mini interconnect if you hev D.I.Y one ???? laugh.gif

so any preview coming upz ??

i ran out of the mini plugs tongue.gif

but i intend to do one more tonight, getting the plugs today, this time going to get the gold plating with black casing type

Very cool interconnects!!! party.gif Well done Tropical happy.gif

Do you know good mini, but the straight one, not L shape?

i ran out of the mini plugs 

but i intend to do one more tonight, getting the plugs today, this time going to get the gold plating with black casing type

cool hope to hear from you soon ! happy.gif

hehee been wanting to get a proper mini to mini IC but the last one i got, my PCDP fails to work well with it !! yawn.gifyawn.gif

bpribadi i've been using the black and gold neutrik mini connectors lately. lots of success. much cheaper then the switchcrafts, but you can only fit a 5mm cable in there. so mini starquad and mini l2t2s is the order wink.gif

How much does the Neutrik plugs cost?

user posted image

Neutrik + Klotz mini to mini interconnect

i find the black casing Neutrik mini plugs harder to work with then the silver ones...the soldering part was easy (same as silver type plug), problem was when i try to put the whole thing together, it just won't screw in, i think this is casue by the black color plating of the case, i had to use a plier to grip on the case to screw it in, i think u can see the scratch marks left by the plier, the silver case plugs screws together easily, i think i'll stick to the cheaper silver plugs from now on sleep.gif

user posted image

seen here with my buffered Cmoy in mini-me case

as u can see the Klotz cable is almost as big/thick as the plug, u'll need to strip off about 2 lengths (using the plug's case as guide) of cable to get enough cable though the case to work with, remember to keep the striped off insulation cause u'll need to use it to cover the expose cable when u close the plug, this is why i use shrink-wrap, its to hold the reattached insulationon the cable

N@Z, the plugs are $5.50 (silver type) & $6.50 (black type)

jtfoo, i don't hav part no. for the Klotz, but i think there's only 1 type thats stereo for Klotz, actually it says "professional microphone cable" on the cable itself, there's also a blue color one, the other type of Klotz cable i hav is mono for my mixer

bram, for straight mini plugs of higher grade, i use something call "Eanare" no sure how to pronouce this smile.gif it has a case that almost the same size as a 1/4" plug, also bought from Hung Bros, this will fit the Klotz cable nicely

Edited by tropicalrips

not bad, looks like it is a very good cable

Share some impression when you have burn in the cables

cos i am considering getting a pair of these cable if it sound good to my portable setup !@@

O.o ya how much the cable and the "Eanare" straight mini to mini plug would cost ??? thanks !

you can PM the price to me laugh.giflaugh.gif