Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

Hot Wheels

My Hot WHeels collecting bug bit again when I chanced upon 2 of same current (Rare) Treasure Hunt cars together when I went out shopping recently.

user posted image

user posted image

I also couldn't resist getting the other 2 cars & bike, they look so cool.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Yeah considering it's 1/64 scale, has that amount of detail, is completely metal die cast (except for the plastic handle bars & tyres) & cost under $3.00!

U mean to say it costs below $3.00 for each of these? I remember it costs much higher when I was young........given my age, talking about decades. tongue.gif

Does anyone know if this is the norm or exception? In Brunei and S'pore, that is.

Edited by Mackie

These are the normal prices at the moment. They are only 3" in length. Quite possibly also it's because they are made regionally in Malaysia/Thailand & that doesn't have any adverse effect on it's quality either.

Yes tomica is another good one but not necessarily better detail in general unless you're talking about the more expensive perspex boxed ones. It's the wheels & the proportions that they get wrong usually. However, they do commercial vehicles & 'past masters' vehicles well though. One thing I do like about Tomica besides that they stay true to the original design, most doors can be opened!

You guys are making me feel so deprived. I never had these when I was young, too poor. Made my own toys. wink.gif But I did get to enjoy playing with them with my son. biggrin.gif

I enjoy playing these cars with my son too, sort of a second childhood! I only had one or two Tomicas when I was a kid, a Cosmo partol car & an Isuzu dump truck (which they still sell the exact same one!) & some selections of Corgis, Majorettes, Matchbox & of course the obligatory Hot Wheels. They're all at my parents house in a plastic basket, battle scarred & worse for wear, enough to make an MIB (Mint In Box) collector cringe! Hehehe.

Hmm, my motto when collecting toys is: Toys are meant to be played with, true joy comes when you get to open it up and fiddle with it. Collecting toys to keep them in mint condition is depriving myeslf of a 2nd childhood laugh.gif

Majorette!

i had almost the complete collection of that as a kid... now its all gone when my mom threw away my toys when she thought i was too old... *sniff*

Hey, when you guys collect toys/models etc, do u take it out of the box to display?

i never/rarely take them out, for fear of damage it or getting it dirty. But lately, i realised that i'm lacking places to display them. and i'm like bring them over to my Hall to 'display'.

I was quite paranoid till i didnt even want to cause any damage to the backboard

Had the same problem last time, then I felt kinda stupid for buying them when all I did was just to keep them. Now I only buy toys/models which I would open up and display, once in a while I would rearrange them, change their postures etc

Hmm, my motto when collecting toys is: Toys are meant to be played with, true joy comes when you get to open it up and fiddle with it. Collecting toys to keep them in mint condition is depriving myeslf of a 2nd childhood laugh.gif

"To each their own", why argue either way? As long as it makes the individual happy.

"To each their own", why argue either way? As long as it makes the individual happy.
In this case, I fully agree. happy.gif