Sign in to follow this  
papaya86

need info on sennheiser hd600

man i love the box, but the cables for the hd600 seems really thni compared to grado cables, regarding wad fuwen said about changing the cables, saw on headfi regarding the cardas and equinox i tink, how much are these? are there any other alternatives? are the stock cables reli that lousy? thanks

Edited by papaya86

For such a good price I think u can get the headphone first and when later u have save enough then consider the cable upgrading. IMO it is OK with the stock cable, just that when u A/B u will very likely to go for the upgrading cable.

thanks, may i know if u changed ur cables for ur hd600 and 650? if so how much did u spend, is it very hard to change or just plug and play? and regarding the improvement u get for ur case, wads the percentage roughly u get out of changing the cables? thanks once again

Upgrade cables for HD600/650 like Mobius, Equinox, Cardas, Clou Red cost a couple of hundreds and more. Cheapest option is this one from Meier Audio, Oehlbach cable = US$60

user posted image

I believe some of the forumners have the Oehlbach cable and may want to let go. Just ask when u are ready. One of my friend and I had tried this on the HD600 and the Oehlbach did presented a relatively bigger sound stage and I think it works well with HD600, though personnaly I find it not so impressive on a HD650.

The HD600's seem to be in pristine condition from the pics, definitely a great deal at $230.

The stock cables are, IMO, acceptable in terms of sonic and build quality, but the aftermarket cables yield reasonable improvement if you can afford them. But considering that the Cardas - the cheapest of the lot bar the Clous and the Oehlbach which had rather mixed reviews - costs around SG$200, you might very well want to spend that amount on a souce/amp instead. Moreover, it might be more wise to save up for the most expensive, but top-notch Zu Mobius or Silver Dragon lest you can't resist upgraditis later. However, not all can justify spending more than $300 on cables for a $230 can, so it's a difficult decision you have to make.

It's pretty easy to remove the stock cable on the HD600's, and you just have to plug in the new cable and you're done. I have only heard the cardas and Zu, and I would say the former's improvement is apparent but subtle, while the latter is substantial. Do a search and you can find more impressions.