Sign in to follow this  
Firefox

Mad Mod World!! Feburary issue!

If Ben can replicate this unit at a fraction of the price and yet looks and sounds good (confident of it!), I'll be damned!.

If you can make me ORD/ ROD within the week, I can build you one for free.. Sheesh... Hate this stupid camp...

If I have this kinda power, I shall ask more than a crossfeed. tongue.giflol.gif

Don't despair, not many months left to ROD right? Is it still fashionable to make a calendar and crossed out each day towards ROD? kekeke

We had this software program in Mindef. you just type in your enlistment date, it'll run continously on your desktop telling you how many years, months, weeks, days, hours, minutes and seconds you have before ord. I wish I made a copy of that program. It was apparently done by one of the previous NS guys before me who happened to know programming. Could have given it to every NS guy I know.

We had this software program in Mindef. you just type in your enlistment date, it'll run continously on your desktop telling you how many years, months, weeks, days, hours, minutes and seconds you have before ord. I wish I made a copy of that program. It was apparently done by one of the previous NS guys before me who happened to know programming. Could have given it to every NS guy I know.

Everybody in every camp has that program! Mindef has an intranet and the program was distributed thru the intranet to all the camps. lol.gif I remember mine had a very funny eric cartman interface.

Really! The one we used was all text and numbers, no pics, not even ascii graphics. Servicemen nowadays have the best of everything! tongue.gif

Anyway....here's another pic of amp to show that the knob is not yellow gold in color!

post-12-1105789254.jpg

I spy with my lil eye...drinks to sit back, listen and enjoy with the music! tongue.gif

Update on the crossfeed:

I've been listening to some old remastered recordings(50s era) and many tracks have the instruments, esp drum sets very prominently on the left channel and the vocals being more to the right. These benefit enormously from the use of crossfeed. Eg. on Sam and Deliah by Ella Fitzgerald, you can quite literally feel the drum beats move from the extreme left to near centre when you toggle the crossfeed. Great stuff, crossfeed filters. happy.gif

How come I never got to taste that Taylor's Port huh!?? Is that ruby or tawney? And what's the vintage? 10 year old or 20? or just plain vanilla.

The port & vodka is there to be consumed in copious amounts. This ensures that no matter how crappy it sounds av98m will think it sounds good. Hence the phrase "if it sounds good, it is good". beer.gif Thus justifying his road to financial ruin! LOL! JK.

Its just an el cheapo bottle I picked up at Cold Storage Rameish, not 10 or 20yr old vintage, ruby port it is. Not good enough for you lah.

Naz, the alcohol helps to make everything sound better, and is particularly good at taming harsh highs from some poorer recordings. tongue.giflol.gif