Sign in to follow this  
aaa

My PPA clone, functional.

case closed with battery pack shown outside.

I did not expect the Q3 rail isolation J-FETs to eat so much voltage (5-6V per rail), so I will increase the battery from 16 cells to 24 cells in the future (MAHA AA 1800mAH NiMH)

post-12-1105905034.jpg

with both my Pimeta and PPA clone project completed (for the PPA, it is almost), I'm really eager for a meeting to try out different source/amp/headphone combinations.

It is very likely that I will not be building any more amps since practically these two serves all I need (portable and transportable)

Whaaa...nice work! Can I trade my pale gold knob for your silver one? (Larry had no more silver version of that knob) tongue.gif

wow.... like train lidat, hows the damage like for the train?

laugh.gif the MRT & Barney amps from aaa tongue.gif

they look as good as the other, did not realise how long the PPA clone was until picture here with the jujubes tin w00t.gif

U know what? Your circuit board looks like the top elevation of Jurong Island or Pulau Bukon oil refineries! lol.gif Sorry I can't help it but it's meant to be a compliment on the neat layout.

Edited by Mackie

Amazing work! Looks like a job borne out of meticulous planning and execution. As for the batteries, may i suggest u use a series of 9v batts instead? That might help you reach the higher voltages without using up too much space?

papaya86,

currently the damage for parts and expendable(not counting the parts that I bought for it but never use) is about $600, I expect it to grow a little more as I'm still building the power solution.

av98m,

ehh... let me know if you can find a black anodised version.

tropicalrips,

the length is 285mm

Mackie,

thanks for your compliment.

Q00,

The 9V battery thing is unpractical. The current draw of the amp is about 150mA, with 9V type rechargeble, even the largest capacity won't last more than 80min.

Firefox,

You got it right!

Bram,

Sure!

I'm also thinking of meeting.

Currently I have not started on building the charger.

Before the charger is dont, the PPA is not really in service yet.