Sign in to follow this  
ssheavy

finally bought Grado SR60!

Hi guys. I just like to follow up to the thread,'Which headphones under $100 to buy? ' which I started. I like to thank sigman, papaya86, evo, yoshiki and laomao for their informative inputs.

I bought the SR60 ($120) at Music by Design yesterday and I think it's money well spent! I tried the SR60 and SR80 and find that the SR80 is more 'attacking'. But anyway. it's way off my budget. Admittedly, I did not check out the AKGs and PX200s etc but hey... SR60 rocks man!

I hooked up the SR60 to my Marantz int. amp and Denon 835 cd player. Played stuff by Metallica, Opeth, Judas Priest's Painkiller (opening double pedal attack!), Primus and even Cai Qin (the song featured in Infernal Affairs...). Bass was tight, guitar solos and high hats were sweet sweet sweet... still some way before burning in. Definitely recommend SR60 to anyone!

congrats on getting the SR60

its still my fav phone, the amount of details is amazing, it great for ROCK

do take good care of the cable interface [the part where 2 wire goes into 1], my SR60 are now having intermittent loss of sound for 1 channel

That makes me more 'itchy' to get these. Maybe when I'll get my allowance for next month. laugh.gif