Sign in to follow this  
papaya86

review : digi01's lc-king

digi01 said best opamp doesn't neccesarily have to sound good, it's synergy that matter. He said op275 (i believe it's from AD) is better it that lc-king circuit.

yes.gif i hav gav-up my opa627 for the cheaper AD797, i find the 627 "too detailed" it seems that all i'm doing is listening to the faults in the music with this chip, this may be good if you are mixing or mastering your own music, but for enjoying the music itself, i find the 797 more pleasing to the ears, it may be more colored then 627 but its a good coloring smile.gif more musical all round and less "studio" like

Edited by tropicalrips

digi01 can u send me one or 2 more of those adapters to install the 2 637 opamps? ill pay for the costs, and also how much is a op275, i broke one of its pins yesterday while changing... thanks

the 8620 is very harsh on the ears after some time.. very bright, and the 2604 sounds extremely mellow and smooth, is there any in between for these 2?

wanna ask if u guys feel the same way, with 2x 637 + 2604 the bass is big and boomy, after switchin out the 2604 with a 8610 the bass slimmed down and became punchier, isit that 2604 offers boomy bass?

after burning in for quite some time, the sound is still pretty laidback, i dun like the laidback sound isit due to the 637? pluggin into my creative mp3 player and a47 portable amp (2604), the laid back sound is not there, more forward definately more treble, how can i remove the laidback sound its pretty boring

maybe try use the lm6171/6172 if its appropriate for the circuit smile.gif im a big fan of this chip atm with my akg's. their sound is very much laidback so an upfront jamming chip like the LM617X seems to be working really well with it.

after burning in for quite some time, the sound is still pretty laidback, i dun like the laidback sound isit due to the 637? pluggin into my creative mp3 player and a47 portable amp (2604), the laid back sound is not there, more forward definately more treble, how can i remove the laidback sound its pretty boring

From my limited experience with opamps, I find the AD chips, specifically the AD8610/20 a fair bit more forward sounding compared to the OPA627. Prefer the former for Senns (reduces the infamous "veil"), but the latter should be more suitable for bright and forward-sounding Grados.

maybe try use the lm6171/6172 if its appropriate for the circuit smile.gif im a big fan of this chip atm with my akg's. their sound is very much laidback so an upfront jamming chip like the LM617X seems to be working really well with it.

LM6172's aren't bright.. (they are brighter than OPA627's but nowhere near the AD8620's) If it does sound that bright, it may be oscillating.