Sign in to follow this  
papaya86

review : digi01's lc-king

Skyskraper,

The mentionrd lm op amp is not bright at all - either you have a very laid back preference for music or it just doesnt suit the curcuit you r using it in. Its not an easy op-amp to deal with and according to tangent of head-fi it's foe experienced diyers. Jan Meier has very successfully implementd this chip. His early article can be found at headwize.com However please note he has stopped updating his article (on a headamp) for sometime (he aqint giving all his secrets away ;-)

i guess bright may not be the best word to have used. its detailed, tight, and punchy. sure bright compared to opa 2134 etc. but not really bright in terms of general sound i guess. the pimeta i was using it in really does work better with other chips but im going to continue to play with this one.

sound stage increased quite a bit after addin the 2 caps, bass tighten abit, treble increased which is good for certain recordings btu bad for bright ones. how bout u ask digi to send u the 2 elna cerafine caps since its cheaper in china and also because he forgot to add in the 2 caps we added while building my amp. whatever additional costs will be covered by me of course.

Edited by papaya86