Sign in to follow this  
evo

Recommend a messenger bag?

hi people

any recommendations for a messenger bag?

preferably not a Crumpler bag [too many people carrrying them around sg]

saw this online, looks quite nice, but dont think its available in sg, has a car-seatbelt style buckle, so you need not loop a heavy load over your head

http://www.chromebags.com/kremlin.php

thnking of using it for work [i.e. with workwear], as i feel my slingbag can't carry much, and a backpack looks weird with workwear [no offense to those who do this]

a messenger bag [with a sling that goes across the body] may not work that well aesthetically with workwear too...

what about those 'sandbags' ? I like the look.. for eg the Oakley one.. ex though

I've been trying to find those by adidas or nike.. hrm seems I've seen one in a movie before.. wonder if it's available in SG though

didn't know what you meant by sandbag [the only sandbag i know is used to support a rifle during range], until i did a search

a bit too small i think, want to be able to fit a pair of shoes, a set of clothes, a towel, water bottle, plus mp3 player of course

post-4-1107759287.jpg

my fren have the metropolis and im using timbuk2

chrome buckle is really good and the make of it excellent!

u know this store, fallfactor? drop by there, the staff there really know their stuffs.

i have nuthing against crumpler, but i think they are over price and the make quality isnt really that great

Not too sure bout chrome, but timbuk2 are made to order(other then their laptopbags are mass manufacture in China, the rest are actually hand made in States)

BTW, if u are using metropolis, u GOT TO cross sling it. if not it doesnt really hold. is really big.

chrome metropolis is bout $220 but is worth it/

www.timbuk2.com ---> Excellent!

www.fallfactor.com ---> they carry a wide varity of messenger bags, shop is just opposite queensway

user posted image

This the one that is from the limited edition. Limited as in once the material for the centre panel is used up, there won't be another production

Edited by augustineRS

just saw 2 people carrying messenger bags [1 chrome and 1 timbuk2] at tiong bahru mrt today

quite a coincidence, as i've just found out that chrome was available in singapore

dude...that was my fren and me....

that thought did cross my mind, singapore quite small isn't it?

WHere in singapore to find Chrome bags?

pls read the whole thread...

where can I find chrome bags in singapore? I just love messenger bags. I had a nike messenger bag issued 3 yrs ago in a limited run. Can put almost anything inside. Also got one from ripcurl last year that somewhat looks like a duffle bag. Need more! lol..

FallFactor

i mentioned it above.

erm...i'm in no way affliated with the shop, just that i enjoyed the service i received when i made my purchase.

Edited by augustineRS

hrm looks good.. I think I will need a new bag too to replace my el-cheapo 20 dollar sling bag(used since last year tongue.gif )

My crumpler is 4 years goin on 5 and still goin strong. My friend uses Timbuk2...quite solid as well.

finally found time to go down to the fallfactor store, no stock of chrome metropolis [L size] or kremlin [XL size], just citizen [M size] & mini-metropolis [s size]

citizen was selling @ S$160, pretty ok as compared to online prices, but me still a bit hesitant on ploughing down $160 on a bag...

anyone know of messenger bags with a cheaper budget?

seen some at Bugis Village, but not sure that's a right place to buy stuff, seems more suited for tourists...

Edited by evo