Blues

Corda HA-1 MKI impression!

I had waited for 2 days since I do not have the power cable. Recently my friend passed me one for free. Thus, I came home like an eager child.. (together with about 10 cds.. just collected em at the same day )

Impression:

the sound and vocal has more weight and fuller sounding than the creek obh-11se which is already very nice!!!The corda is also a little on the warm side, imo.This is what I like. I don't like too cold, sterile sounding amp(maybe coz I am so used to creek?)

The sound is very smooth across the spectrum with no sibilance on the vocals whatsoever. They are all butter smoothhhh...

I connect it to the jack 2( 0 ohm of the corda). The 120 ohm is way too warm, dark and abit bloated in the bass region for me. I guess 0 ohm is much better for koss, it has faster speed, better dynamics.

Mind you it has not been run in yet. And I am only using a cheapo koss ksc-35.

But I can already hear the difference between this unit and the obh-11se!!!

Wow.. out the obh-11se( not really hehe.. coz I have a ready buyer already)

Now I am just waiting for my headphone and my system will be complete !!!

For anyone who is looking for a good beginner amp, well.. I can't really say beginner amp , coz those are like the cha47 , obh-11 and so on.

The price is around 500 plus. To me it's clearly worth every money spent. I can already feel the improvement over the creek. Usually I am quite hard to be impressed.. but with this baby.. Wow!!! Thanks Rameish for the great amp smile.gif

Too bad meier-audio stopped making them already.

Correct me if I am wrong, the Corda HA-1 MkII is smaller than your version isn't it? Congratulations Guy. So what's 'coming soon!'? DT880? CD3000? biggrin.gif

ehehhee.. dt880 for me.

I wanted to give grados a try, but looking at my cds collection, mainly are ballads, pop and while grados are no slouch, I think I would prefer the beyer sound( I had 2 beyers before.. so I should have no problem with 'beyer sound' laugh.gif)

I have tried both the dt880 and 225/325.. the grados have more upfront sound but beyers are generally better in reproducing the musical instruments smile.gif

The grados are great for rock though.. but those are only 10 percent of my collection.. sad2.gif

I am joining you oakley!! yahoo!!!

Naz, shall post my full review when the corda is fully broken in, plus maybe the klotz cable from firefox. I would just review them all at once laugh.gif

Guy, congrats! Finally got what you want, eh! Hope this will quench your upgradetits for the time being. I'm so envious that you can change gear now and then and you're still studying. Remember what you said earlier about enjoying the music? It's about time to sit back, relax and enjoy the music.

Oh, BTW, if you're still single and unattached, enjoy as much as you can now because once you're attached, you gotta split that precious liittle time with both of your loves!

Looking at the pictures, yes.. I think ha-1 mkII is smaller.

But I am not sure how small it is since I have not seen it in real life before. Rameish doesn't carry a stock yet

Hi oakley!

Thanks smile.gif

I will try and post more detailed review.. just give me about a week. Probably with the beyer also smile.gif

I agree with you . I will treasure my time now. I do not want to place my loved ones in the dark and keep engrossed in my hi fi.

Perhaps it's time I sit back, relax and enjoy. Shut off my minds from the upgrading.

Guyferd how much did u bought it for??

Rameish u still have stock for those??

headphone.gif

Guy, what is the Klotz terminated with?

Sipher,

The price is S$550 (Guyferd bought the last one at S$525) as I brought those in at a lower X-Chage rate. Stock is coming in about 4 to 5 days. The Eur is high and at Eur 280 it should be S$560 plus (without TT charges).

Give them a listen before you decide to buy (I still have the demo unit).

Jan Meier still has stock of the HA-1 MkI, and yes the HA-1 (MkII) is smaller, has one headphone output, sounds better (according to Jan as I have not heard it myself), and will cost S$760 at current x-change rate. If I were you I'll go for the HA-2 for a bit more.

N@z.. I am not sure man.. probably you can pm firefox, as he is the owner laugh.gif

LOL!!! let me know when it has arrived

hohoh... can't wait to experience high fidelity once again

Right now have to just put up with my koss .. unsure.gif

Cya!!