Sign in to follow this  
tropicalrips

fav DSLR under $3k

whats your fav DSLR camera given a budget of under $3000?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i hav to work tomorrow sleep.gif what time does it end?

i'll be bringing the D70 along to work, will take some "morning shots" on the way to SLS

is the SB600 good enough for the D70? the SB800 looks like overkill, there's also a SB30 which looks a lot like my FL20

I think should start around 7 pm thereabout?

I was previously in the same dilemma. I would say the SB600 is more economical but in the long run you still have the get many stuffs separately like the bounce card which is otherwise included in the SB800. It adds up more to just the initial starty up cost of the SB600. Of course if you don't need those then by all means.. but I think I might be needing them so might as well just a 800 tongue.gif

Since you have the money then go straight for the SB800, unless you intend to get multiple flashes now, you'd still need at least one SB800 anyway.

The 70-300 AF-S VR lens is RRP SG$3,800, they should be available at just under 3K street prices, depending on stock. The 70-300mm f/4-5.6D ED AF Zoom-Nikkor is RRP SG$745. The G version is even cheaper at RRP SG$300. I managed to find one here at $280. Might test it out today on the D70 just for fun to see how it performs.

i'm also trying to decide between the 70-300mm ED & the cheaper version, let us know how much difference between them in terms of performance laugh.gif

i suspect if u shot in manual with manual focus the 2 lens may hav very similar performance, the camera should hav more control of the ED AF Nikkor sleep.gif

quoted from mpenza in clubsnap forum, " Nikon Singapore just launch a new promotion for D70..... top up $88 for a 70-300 when you buy the D70. It might or might not be a "response" to 350D."

It's a helluva deal for people buying the D70 now.. but well they can wait for the rebel xt too tongue.gif

quoted from mpenza in clubsnap forum, " Nikon Singapore just launch a new promotion for D70..... top up $88 for a 70-300 when you buy the D70. It might or might not be a "response" to 350D."

It's a helluva deal for people buying the D70 now.. but well they can wait for the rebel xt too tongue.gif

yep, just heard this today

going to get my warranty card stamped tomorrow and get the 70-300mm lens on monday tongue.gif

Heh...the D70 club just grows n grows... there may actually be more D70 users than u know. tongue.gif

Qoo u also bitten by the D70 bug? laugh.gif

the "tzzaakkk...tzzaakkk" sound is so much sweeter then the "click" from a digicam lol.gif

Edited by tropicalrips

going to get my warranty card stamped tomorrow and get the 70-300mm lens on monday tongue.gif

Now that's lucky. You pay a lil extra to get the 70-300mm f/4-5.6 (G?) lens & get to keep the kit lens too? I didn't get round to try it out today. Too busy with National day parade practice in the morning & had to attend a seminar/workshop in the afternoon, on my day off too rolleyes.gif

yep, i think need to buy the 70-300mm lens from Nikon Singapore together with the D70's warranty card & invoice

eh tropical can do that ar?? wah like that I also wanna try ... mine had it stamped by date not filled yet... shall fill it to today's or tomorrow's date *evil* tongue.gif

tongue.gif when did the promotion start?

the problem is the date on the dealer invoice, if u did not buy the camera too long ago, should be able to get them to write u a new invoice smile.gif

erm after thinking I think don't want already.. I have no use for such high power zoom.. yet

Need it or not $88 bucks is cheap man! See if you are still entitled, then I buy it off you for $90 can wad?