Sign in to follow this  
tropicalrips

fav DSLR under $3k

whats your fav DSLR camera given a budget of under $3000?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

hehehe ok will go down tml to check with the shop .. see if they can help me with the invoice tongue.gif

Wah all this talk makes me wanna get back into photography.

Currently I have 3 Olympus OM1N, one OM40 and several Zuiko lenses sitting in my electronic dry cabinet LOL. Also have a Nikkormat and a Nikon FM with several Nikkor lenses.

Looking at the shorts taken in this and other threads in this forum I would say it's not the camera but the person behind it that matters most. If you prefer the feel of one model/brand over the other then go fo it.

For me I voted for Olympus - I think a fairer comparison in this budget class would be the E-300.

Wah all this talk makes me wanna get back into photography.

Currently I have 3 Olympus OM1N, one OM40 and several Zuiko lenses sitting in my electronic dry cabinet LOL. Also have a Nikkormat and a Nikon FM with several Nikkor lenses.

Looking at the shorts taken in this and other threads in this forum I would say it's not the camera but the person behind it that matters most. If you prefer the feel of one model/brand over the other then go fo it.

For me I voted for Olympus - I think a fairer comparison in this budget class would be the E-300.

Nikon FM fear.gif Olympus OM40 fear.gif and a Nikkormat wub.gif

almost "museum" pieces u got there Rameish laugh.gif would love to see a pic of all of them together.

the E-300 somehow just doesn't "feel" like a DSLR, i guess its made for people with smaller hands, its the main reason i didn't include it in the poll, i kinda knew this isn't the camera or DSLR i was looking for the moment i touched it sleep.gif

Hmm...not quiet museum pieces as I have 2 leica cams that are even older LOL. Also an old Voitlander and Rollei (medium format).

As for a picture or 2 I'll see what I can do. Need to borrow my wife's Sony T1.

... Also an old Voitlander and Rollei (medium format).

Does it still work? Wanna sell it?

i'm also considering going back to film & manual cameras, now looking at the Nikon FM-10 & FE-10

these should be good for practice, will help improve skills when using the more advance D70 when conditions are not as good

it's not the camera but the person behind it that matters most.

Haha, truer words were never spoken.

I feel digital cams are less forgiving than slides which are already less forgiving than colour negatives. I grew up with slide films and it took me a while to get used to digicams (I am selling my DSLR in the classifeds - shameless plug, not getting enough use out of it to keep it). Tropical - I have a FE2 body in good condition, if you are interested. wink.gif Hard times, luxuries must go. biggrin.gif

The S1 is a fantastic camera even now.... if i didnt get my d70, i would have bought that instead. Truely a steal at that price. A good condition S1 has an asking price of about 600 from what ive read in other forums.

Tropical - I have a FE2 body in good condition, if you are interested. wink.gif Hard times, luxuries must go. biggrin.gif

jump.gif i'm interested yes.gif pm me the details photo.gif

Rips - stay away from the FM-10 - made by cosina.

GO for either an FM or FM2 (if you are looking for a completely manual/mechanical camera in the Nikon stable). If you buy an FM-2 becareful as there were 2 models made, The earlier one had a 1/200 flash sync speed while the later model has 1/250 flash sync speed.

FE2 is also pretty good but is an electronic camera.

N@Z,

Unless you are willing to offer a good price for it I wont part with it. Sorry buddy but no steals on this one smoke.gif

Edited by Rameish

I would say, 350D with L Lens or other good lens biggrin.gif

I think better not to spend too much on body, unless you are a profesional that need a workhorse camera. If you buy 350D + EF-S 17-85mm (the new EF-S) + Dedicated Flash, it is already more than 3K wink.gif

I am selling my EOS 5 + 2 lenses + 540EZ flash because of under utilized no.gif The 2 lenses sold, just the body and flash are still waiting in the second hand camera shop, waiting for new owner unsure.gif

Edited by bpribadi

N@Z,

Unless you are willing to offer a good price for it I wont part with it. Sorry buddy but no steals on this one smoke.gif

Shucks!

What lor... why keep it unused better to 'give' it to someone who will put it to good use! Hehehe!

Well as you can tell all this talk about cameras/photography has me thinking about photography once again.

I do have a B&W Darkroom setup complete with enlarger, dev tank, red light, trays (6 of them) one set for enlargement up to 6 x 10 inches and another for larger.

sg too ex place to set up a darkroom. Oh it comes with a pretty good Rodenstock lens. Also have the scope to see the lens and a few other things.

Getting back on track, the E-1 was my choice partly because of the dust removal system. All other brands including Nikon does nt have it.

The Minolta comes with stabilization.

So I dont really get why the Nikon got so many votes. As a long time Nikon user myself I find them buiky - perhaps not as bulky as Canon. But this is a generalization of the earlier manual focus Nikons/Nikkormat.

BTW my Nikkormat has mirror lock up (a feathere - not a problem) and is almost 40% bigger than the Olympus OM-1N ( a mechnacial marvel).