ablaze

Crossfeed

Do you like crossfeed  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With the various crossfeed designs available and all implementing different effects on the sound, it's no wonder if the vote evolves to something like CD vs vinyl. Personal experiences with different crossfeed units may swing the vote either way.

jtfoo have u tried the pinkfloyd's crossfeed circuit or the jan-meier's one?

irregardless, I've heard both and they are quite subtle and yields to a more unfatiguing presentation without taking 'that' much dynamics. I recommend you to try them out wink.gif

No I have not tried both crossfeed you'd mentioned. Will try if I happen to have a chance.

secondly... if u ever need to get rid of equipment, just throw it out the window, ill be there to catch it  lol.gif

Ha... ha. not a chance. tongue.gif

I'm pretty fond of that amp despite its age. Might keep it for the office or something. Plus, I think my audio enthusiast cousin is eyeing it pretty hard... so you might have to get in the waiting line.

I've heard on Head-fi that Tyll might want to discontinue the Supreme. It appears that the Supreme is not very sellable or profitable.

Will be sorry to see this amp go out of production.... I think it was the first model that headroom came out with. sad2.gif

Edited by Ticky

I'd love to try Headroom's Max crossfeed with the HD600.

Last I tried x-feed, I felt no difference with or without it. But then, I realised it was due to my low listening volumes. Cranking up the volume presented the difference to me but I couldn't tolerate the loudness. So, no difference for me. =)

But surely the crossfeed on the Corda amps were noticeable to you even without the need for loud volumes. I tried it at moderate volume with Rameish's HA-2 & it was very noticeable even at it's lowest setting.

I could tell the work of the crossfeed even with the tiny er-4s! (in yer head feeling) w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

but then it isn't really necessary for the etys tongue.gif

Edited by Blues

What a pussy... cat. tongue.gif