Sign in to follow this  
kenshinz

Montage 2005 - The Mosaic of Life

To all photographers in SGheadphones, I would like to draw your attention to an event which my society, the NUS Photographic Society is organising - Montage 2005 - The Mosaic of Life.

Montage, is an annual national-wide Photographic Competition / Exhibition / Seminar which will be hosted at Suntec Exhibition & Convention Centre Theatre.

The competition is open to all and is on now till 26th of May 2005. We have a wide range of prizes this year, with the top prize being a Canon EOS350D. This year's theme will be open-ended to let photographers explore the limits of their creativity.

100 outstanding shots will also be exhibited at Suntec Level 2 Foyer from 11th to 25th June.

For the seminar, we have invited 3 professional photographers from different fields to share their experiences and techniques.

Ruth Soh - Fashion and Celebrity Photography

Tony Wu - Underwater Photography

Bob Lee - Photojournalism

For more information, please visit: http://www.nusps.org.sg/montage/. Feel free to check with me if there are any queries. Thanks for reading biggrin.gif

thumbup1.gifparty.gif

i see the top prize is your fav brand of camera tongue.gif will u be taking part too kenshinz?

some questions...the rules says we can submit 8R super 8R or A4 photos, what if my pictures are crop and there's a white border on the print, are we required to trim the prints if we can't get the max print size?

thumbup1.gifparty.gif

i see the top prize is your fav brand of camera tongue.gif will u be taking part too kenshinz?

some questions...the rules says we can submit 8R super 8R or A4 photos, what if my pictures are crop and there's a white border on the print, are we required to trim the prints if we can't get the max print size?

Heh, as part of the organizing committee I don't think I qualify to take part in this competition. But I do hope that all the photo siao on SGheadphones will take part. laugh.gif

Rips, if you wish to submit your photographs, I can drop by your workplace and collect from you after my exams in early May. I need to get some supplies for my Digital Media lab in school. Hehe, if you don't mind you can be collection point for SGheadphones tongue.gif

Regarding the photographs. There should be no issue with the border, it need not be a borderless print to qualify. However what do you actually mean by cropped pictures ? As in non-standard image size ?

Thanks to all for your interest

Rips, if you wish to submit your photographs, I can drop by your workplace and collect from you after my exams in early May. I need to get some supplies for my Digital Media lab in school. Hehe, if you don't mind you can be collection point for SGheadphones tongue.gif

Regarding the photographs. There should be no issue with the border, it need not be a borderless print to qualify. However what do you actually mean by cropped pictures ? As in non-standard image size ?

Thanks to all for your interest

no problem on the collection point thing smile.gif

most of my photos hav been crop, no longer standard size, most of them are a little smaller then 8R

You're welcome av98m.

tropicalrips, thanks for the offer !! will pm u regarding the collection thingy hehe.

Images submitted need not be of traditional standard print size. But as long as it is as close to 8R, Super 8R or A4 size its ok.

Ok I've already posted about the competition on my sch's forum.. perhaps will spur the shooters to join the school challenge tongue.gif

Ok, thanks alot Blues..

BTW anyone of you interested in going, can let me know. Maybe can get enough people to qualify for group discounts.

Just a quick update, Tropicalrips have kindly agreed to help be the mini collection point for members from Sgheadphones who are interested in joining the Montage competition.

You guys can look for him at his shop in SLS 4th floor, ATF Multimedia (the 1st shop from the escalator). I will collect the prints from him near the deadline for the competition. Hopefully, this will make it easier for your guys to join the competition. Come on, there're alot of great shots here, don't waste them biggrin.gif

At the same time, if anyone of you are interested in attending the seminar, please let me know too. Thanks

Sorry guys forgotten to update you'll about the seminar...anyway thanks for the support in the competitiona and the seminar.

Just some stats regarding the number of entries received for this year's competition:

Open category total entries: 904

Students category entries: 1357

Total number of schools: 50

Winning shots can be seen at http://www.nusps.org.sg/montage/ under Competition -> Winners

Had a good turnout at the seminar nearly 400 people. Thanks and hope to have all your support next year at Montage 2006. smile.gif

A lot of talented entries... big ups to them. Quite in awe of their work.