Sign in to follow this  
idkfa

Qns about crossfeeds.

I have no experiences with crossfeeds till I acquired the Supermacro and the Porta Corda MKII, both with the crossfeed switch.

My question is, are there different kinds of crossfeeds used/applied? A different mixture/crossfeed ratio perhaps?

Because the crossfeed I get from the supermacro and the porta corda is totally different. The Supermacro's crossfeed dramatically altered the sound whereas the porta corda is very minimal. Someone can kindly advice?

Best rgds,

Here's a link on Corda's crossfeed. The principles are the same for Xin but the difference is in the time delay which contributes to less or more crossfeeding in laymen's term.

Click <info crossfeed>

http://home.t-online.de/home/meier-audio/portacorda.htm

Meier also sells an outboard crossfeed unit which allows various degree of its effect on the music source.

user posted image

I see now. So a bad judgement in the delay actually affects the sound a whole lot. Xin's crossfeed is IMO, not so "good". After switching it on, my 320kbps digital music sounded 160kbps. Even the highs turned muddy. ohmy.gif

Perhaps you could reflect that to Dr. Xin, I'm sure he appreciates feedback and can easily improve on it.

I was not sure about crossfeeds in the first place, so I better not make a fool of myself if it was itended to sound like "that". wink.gif But i'll drop a post down his forum or post via head-fi then. Seriously, no one has got this kinda crossfeed problems?

The recordings I listen to generally do not require crossfeed. I believe it would be more useful in older recordings where channel separation is more pronounced.

I used to have a Supermicro with the crossfeed function but the difference was pretty subtle. I'm not sure how much this has changed in the other of Dr. Xin's amps though.

The recordings I listen to generally do not require crossfeed. I believe it would be more useful in older recordings where channel separation is more pronounced.

I used to have a Supermicro with the crossfeed function but the difference was pretty subtle. I'm not sure how much this has changed in the other of Dr. Xin's amps though.

Oh, now i understand. I was so wondering how my crossfeeds will come in use. Anyway it's always on the "off" switch.

Regarding your supermicro, I am not too sure but i do know that once i flicker that "crossfeed" switch on my SM, it's more than just day and night. Perhaps if you took a listen to the porta corda MKII you might understand what i mean.

You can search around this forum. I believe there are some discussion going on previously. Crossfeed basically make the 2 channel crosstalk "worse" so that the sound will be more forward rather than in your head. The good thing about this is you can listen the music longer and won't get fatigue.

You found out the bad thing about it already.