Sign in to follow this  
red_ryder

Any recommendations for camera bag?

I bought a Fuji S1 Pro from heady a few months back. Great camera by the way, very happy with it! Thinking of bringing it along to my trip to Colorado next month, so I'll probably have to buy a camera bag. Any recommendations?

I suspect I'll just put a 28-70mm lens inside and a 50mm prime lens. Don't have a flash unit, and the 70-300mm lens is too heavy to lug all the way there.

If your 28 - 70 lense is a f2.8 unit from Nikon, Tamron or Sigma, you should be able to go without the 50mm prime.

Might be better if you have a wide angle prime (<28mm since 1.5x FoV) for landscape shots instead..

Hi, red_ryder, never publish your photos! Share leh. biggrin.gif I had seller's regret but never mind, it is in good hands. Now to sell my FE2 Black body, any one? Oops sorry, wrong forum. tongue.gif

Edited by heady

Hrmm... FE2.. Seems like a very nice camera.. Although I'm not particularly fond of the Nikon F-mount..

w00t.gif manual camera.. hrm.. itchy hand.. but argh nvm concentrate on digital first blush.gif

btw redryder sorry for the OT, but personally I like crumpler's bag. They are very durable and have the looks.

U can see their website for the different models. It might also be a good idea to scout around clubsnap for 2nd hand ones come up quite often.

Edited by Blues

Hi, red_ryder, never publish your photos! Share leh. biggrin.gif I had seller's regret but never mind, it is in good hands. Now to sell my FE2 Black body, any one? Oops sorry, wrong forum. tongue.gif

Heady, everytime I visit clubsnap's forums I thank my lucky stars I found the camera. Best deal I ever got in my life, don't worry I'll take good care of the camera. Never share my shots here because shy la. Looking at the shots you guys put up, mine are not up to standard. Maybe if I get some good landscapes at Colorado I'll post them up.

Slightly OT, but what camera straps do you guys use? I'm been using the one that came with the camera (provided kindly by heady!). But after one day of carrying the camera around my neck it starts to chafe. I went to Allan Photo today to look for replacement straps but they only sell a Nikon one without padding. Any recommendations?

just the default supplied nikon one. decent enough for my usage. For me I don't carry the camera on my neck. Most of the time I just hold it by the grip and when I need to setup tripod then I sling it around. I can understand how the load put stress on ur neck after sometime tongue.gif

Slightly OT, but what camera straps do you guys use? I'm been using the one that came with the camera (provided kindly by heady!). But after one day of carrying the camera around my neck it starts to chafe. I went to Allan Photo today to look for replacement straps but they only sell a Nikon one without padding. Any recommendations?

Get an Optech Strap from Cathay Photo. It's less than $30.

Optech strap highly recommended, but then I usually don't carry the camera round my neck, tend to just wrap them round my wrist, sort of like a hand grip

It's a big and rather heavy DSLR, hence the need to carry round the neck. biggrin.gif

not too sure.. maybe my d70 is light.. last time used to carry round the neck.. now never unless my hands very tired. Alternatively can wrap around ur shoulder.. just be careful if the lens is those tele as it might knock into something.

woo today got the chance to play around with friend's D1X and nikkor 80-200.. solid .. now confused..whether to save up for 12-24 or 80-200 tongue.giflol.gifw00t.gif

depends on what style of bag u want

also how much u want it to look like a camera bag

lowepro, crumpler are the 2 most common here

lowepro looks like a camera bag

crumpler got more funky colours, so look less like a camera bag

there's

toploading [normally for 1 lens]

backpack [bring all your stuff, good for long distances]

sling bag [easier to get lens, but straining on shoulder]

waist type [can take out camera quickly, but can't carry too many lens]

harness type [haven't seen anyone here use these, basically look like wearing SBO]

do take a look at their websites for more info

http://www.lowepro.com

http://www.crumpler.com.au/home.php

woo today got the chance to play around with friend's D1X and nikkor 80-200.. solid .. now confused..whether to save up for 12-24 or 80-200 tongue.giflol.gifw00t.gif

get the 80-200 blues, F2.8 with ED and internal focus, ultra sharp...it has the focusing speed of the Sigma 70-200 and the sharpness of the Tamron 200-500.

this is a must hav lens for Nikon siao... smile.gif its going out of production soon, Nikon is pushing the 70-200 VR lens which is over $2k

i got the last one @ Alan photo so now no stock tongue.gif

sorry for the OT smile.gif

for camera bag, i use a Lowepro Stealth reporter 100AW, will take D70 with kit lens plus 3 prime lens or 2 prime lens + flash (my prime lens : 28mm 50mm & 90mm)

for the camera strap, i'm using Op/Tech pro loop, its not really ment for carrying the camera on your neck, more for shoulder carry, has good padding and feels more secure then the original nikon strap which hurts your shoulder after a whole day of carrying the camera around

OT,

wah new toy ah rips tongue.gif ..

yea I now seriously considering the 80-200. Maybe add teleconverter later. FInd that the sigma reaches its limitation in low light. Had a hard time shooting the event a few days ago with it(no flash allowed), at f5.6 the shutter speed ranges anything from 1/10-1/60 on iso800. Hardly can capture the evermoving subjects rolleyes.gif