Sign in to follow this  
wil

Problem with Cayin HA-1A

Hi,

My HA-1A has been with me for around a year and i love it. However, when i listened to it yesterday there was a weird low buzzing noise i have not heard from it before.

Today, when i turned on the amp, the LED ( for aesthetic purposes ) in between the tubes went mad and started flickering. Worse still, the buzzing noise was louder and became a "tick, tick" sound in accordance to the flicker of the LED.

I took of the cover and decided to see if there a loose connection with the LED ( i removed all electrical connections , of course ) and to my surprise, when i reached beneath the LED to fiddle, i got a slight electrical shock. Thankfully i wasnt injured but a little shaken.

Anyone have any ideas?

Perhaps the DIY-ers on the forum would know more...

Help! sign...i think i need to send it in for servicing already...argh!

Can it be condensation of your circuitboards? I know that if you do lotsa airconditioning in your room, such things happen. Other than that I am lost.

Send it to the agent. I assume it's a local set? If not you can send it to Well Audio Labs in Burlington Square (next to Sim Lim Square).

No it isnt local.

But yes, ill send it down to Well Audio ASAP.

thanks for the help anyways!

Send it to the agent. I assume it's a local set? If not you can send it to Well Audio Labs in Burlington Square (next to Sim Lim Square).

If I want to do some tube rolling for the Cayin, can I bring it down to Well Audio Labs and get them to do it for me? Of course, I'll buy the tubes from them.

Yea, sure u can!

ask them for the right tubes and make sure it's matched.

sob sob i think my Cayin got KIA-ed.

maybe its time for another amp? innocent.gif

Bummer! I hope its just a small problem that can be fixed cheaply. The amp is still quite new isn't it? ohmy.gif

It's been a year....sob...

Im gonna bring it down to Well audio like now happy.gif

Heh. i did ask him.

his reply was "Repair already then ill quote u a price" happy.gif

now using my Rotel with my humble AH47...hahahaha. still passable la.

If that's the case, try Zenn Audio instead.. Gabriel's a pretty nice fellow and can probably troubleshoot for you and then give you a quote for any repairs needed.

Oh...I already left my amp there. I had quite an ok experience with Frankie when i went to Well Audio last year. He was quite helpful and friendly today too ( although i have heard otherwise about him, lol)

Where is this Zenn audio? Perhaps ill compare prices if i wanna upgrade my Cayin.

Zenn Audio is at Simpang Bedok. Go to: www.zenn.com.sg for more details.

Oh! Frankie is a nice guy.. He's just a grouchy old man if you catch him at the wrong times.. Like maybe just after he has dealt with a very difficult customer.. LOL.. I've seen both sides of him.. Thankfully, more of the friendly side.. lol.giflol.gif

Im glad i havent seen his "Grouchy-Old-Man" side yet. lol.

There was another customer at Well Audio today and when i took off the cover of the HA-1A he was like "Wah, nice amp!" and i was like "ya, MIC" and he gave a blush.gif look.

Oh well...hope my HA-1A is a-okay.