Sign in to follow this  
sleepyhello

Anyone tested Sennheiser HD201?

Not too bad for the price, $39.90. Anyway, you can audition it at Stereo, they have it on demo..... but dun put on the Grados after that. lol.gif

Causeway point shopping centre. Demo set Grado sr60 sr80 AKG ??? can't remember. biggrin.gif

Edited by [J]-ohn

the sennheiser hd-201 is not bad for the price tag, I put on for a while, it's quite comfortable but first impression was that the bottom end sounded a bit hollow..... but for the price its still good value. Then I put on the AKG 24P i think.... (can't quite remember the model, but its a bit yellow with the steel band) Whoa! not as comfortable as my PXC200 at $99 but the sound is so much better I almost bought it on the spot ( waiting for payday mellow.gif ) and its only $69, I've also checked with Hung bros, its $10+ more expensive at hung, so you know where to go....... rolleyes.gif Grado SR60 is definitely the best catch if you have $120 to spare, listen to it and you'll understand. headphone.gif

-ohn,Jun 28 2005, 10:05 AM] the sennheiser hd-201 is not bad for the price tag, I put on for a while, it's quite comfortable but first impression was that the bottom end sounded a bit hollow..... but for the price its still good value. Then I put on the AKG 24P i think.... (can't quite remember the model, but its a bit yellow with the steel band) Whoa! not as comfortable as my PXC200 at $99 but the sound is so much better I almost bought it on the spot ( waiting for payday mellow.gif ) and its only $69, I've also checked with Hung bros, its $10+ more expensive at hung, so you know where to go....... rolleyes.gif  Grado SR60 is definitely the best catch if you have $120 to spare, listen to it and you'll understand. headphone.gif

The yellow with steel headband yes is AKG 24P Saw at Jade gift shop $60 should go there and buy!!! There is one more model the AKG 26P its black color instead of yellow with steel headband read somewhere that this 26P is better $80 i think?. I abit regret buying this can. The clarity of this headphone is good but the bass sadly nt as gd as my original sony discman. Is my ear having problem???

Can any expert here help me >> is there really a case where my discman cant power the can? 24ohms for this can.. i almost turn up full volume using my discman remote, full volume>> just loud but sound like abit distort or got noise.

use the same CD and can on PC sound so much better.

Anyway to inprove the can bass? now trying to burn in which i read down here...

Edited by sleepyhello

Maybe a portable headphone amp that runs on battery? Didn't felt the bass lacking at all the last time i heard it.... the 24p i mean.

John so what you think of the bass respone from the Sennheiser Hd201? AKG phones seem not bad.....

Why i Still can get a good and cheap headphones (<$80)??

Hi all, a newbie here.

went to hung bros. and auditioned hd201 and akg k26p today

hd 201 sounds alright to me, it feels good listening to them (mid and treble sounds nice) but a bit lacking in bass. one thing for sure they are really comfortable.

k26p on the other hand got amazing bass response but it's not muddy i feel, you can really hear the drums very well but a bit weak on the high end i think. it seems that k26p has a better sensitivity (spl) compared to hd201, listening to the same song and same volume, k26p sounds louder

another difference hd201 is circum aural, while k26p is supra aural.

in the end i bought k26p for $69, lucky for me hung bros. is having a sale (original price was $99)

Hi! I bought this and it is also my 1st sennheiser headphone. But was quite disappointed with the bass. Wana get another earphone sometime later. Saw alot of people said AKG k26p sound muddy? I need 1 with good bass hope someone can recommend me. Thank you very much!!

Tried the K26P for a few weeks. One thing I have to say is definitely the bass. Very pronounced. I wouldn't say the phones were muddied...but compared to some Senn's, perhaps it sounds as such. The mids and highs for the k26p were decent, I guess. The only think I disliked about it was the way it kiap the hair sometimes and the way it pressed on the side of the my head.

i own the hd201 and i think it sounds fantastic with my ipod shuffle.

a dry inoffensive sound. a little 'flat' and 'distant' perhaps, but otherwise a-ok. wink.gif

i own the hd201 and i think it sounds fantastic with my ipod shuffle.

a dry inoffensive sound. a little 'flat' and 'distant' perhaps, but otherwise a-ok. wink.gif

Icic, its was a little 'distant' to me but the mid & clarity is good.. rats need to hunt for another earphone..

Edited by sleepyhello