DiGdUb

Shure e4c for $450. Good price?

u can also try a shop outside sls... it is not the corner shop which also belongs to hung bro... This shop also sell shure products see wherther u can get cheaper there... cheers..

This shop also sell shure products see wherther u can get cheaper there... cheers..

WAILIAN ELECTRONICS ENTERPRISE

#01-28 Sim Lim Square

Tel. (65) 339-9320/0243 ? Fax (65) 339-9960

tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

thanks. i got it from Perfomance Audio at sls on the 2nd level. charged $494.40 with card charges. hung bros and chun seng quoted $499. wailian need to pre-order. tongue.gif

Hi DiGdUb, I think you are very on lah, how many headphones you owned now?  tongue.gif

most are canalphones, except for a koss porta pro. laugh.gif

canalphones are sony ex51/71/81 nx1, panasonic hje50, sharp md33, creative ep630, etymotic er6i, etymotic er6(one side broken), shure e2c and now the e4c. laugh.gif

Edited by DiGdUb

initial impression:

the midrange is very good. in fact, the best midrange i've heard. listening to the e4c makes me realise there are details in the midrange too. some noises from instruments are picked up, like the tapping of the fingers on the buttons (?) of the saxaphone can be heard and background whispers and breathings are picked up as well. amazing.

compared to the er6i, the er6i sounds more transparent and clear. it sounds like what a cd should sound like. very analytical and clinical. for the e4c, the sound is not that analytical. the high end still loses out to the er6i, but midrange is more detailed than the er6i. bass-wise, i feel that both the er6i and e4c are about the same. maybe the e4c sounds a tad more bassy, but not by much.

Edited by DiGdUb

Congratulate to u DiGdUb for purchasing the e4c. I wish that I have the extra $$$ to own the er6i & e4c like u. Ya, how do u find this canalphones UE Super.Fi 5 Pro, it looks cool, r u looking forward to own it as well tongue.gif

A tad expensive, but I'm sure the new toy is pretty much worth it. What's with the obsession with canalphones? Try some full-sized cans, you'll never turn back to canalphones except for portable use. rolleyes.gif

Congratulate to u DiGdUb for purchasing the e4c. I wish that I have the extra $$$ to own the er6i & e4c like u. Ya, how do u find this canalphones UE Super.Fi 5 Pro, it looks cool, r u looking forward to own it as well tongue.gif

superfi pro will have to wait cos broke liao. tongue.gif

A tad expensive, but I'm sure the new toy is pretty much worth it. What's with the obsession with canalphones? Try some full-sized cans, you'll never turn back to canalphones except for portable use. rolleyes.gif

cos headphones not very portable. and headphones make my ears sweat easily, so i prefer canalphones. laugh.gif

How come i e-mail earphone solution and they say they can't sent any shure earphone to singapore bla bla bla....? First they have agreement with shure about international shipping and warranty will be void.

Hm.. that's weird. I ordered stuffs from them few times already...

Unless they have a new shipping policy?

In fact it's better to find some online shops that use Air mail instead of FedEx or DHL.. cos might incur taxes...

How many of you used DHL or FedEx and have been taxed before?

I got taxed $50 for an amp I sent back to the states for REPAIR, with Fedex. Was pretty upset for a while, and decided to steer clear of Fedex from then on.

I got taxed $50 for an amp I sent back to the states for REPAIR, with Fedex. Was pretty upset for a while, and decided to steer clear of Fedex from then on.

How much does your amp cost?